Porky

Status
Not open for further replies.

conservation

10 Year Member!
You have a beautiful tortoise! I love tortoise species that hibernate. They wake up just as the grape vines and opuntia cactus are peaking.

janst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The thought of hibernating terrifies me, some UK owners say definitely yes, some say no. Mine are 3 and have never been hibernated.

Sent from my iPad using TortoiseForum mobile app

george.T.tort

5 Year Member
I didn't hibernate mine for the first couple of years because I thought they would be too young to survive it. I hibernate mine every winter now and with regular checks I've not had any problems. I hibernate mine in a refrigerator to keep a constant temperature

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire, UK
Mine is 18 month old and the breeder hibernated him... in a fridge too. I might look for a small can fridge and check temperatures of it. I do have a conservatory that keeps cold, but I don't know how cold... glarg!

I feel that because he has been hibernated before, I am obliged to do it again... thoughts?

jlb1077

5 Year Member
A fridge??? Porky has never been hibernated. So I am a little hesitant to do so now. I was told he was 5-9 years old.

I was told it depended in where you live also. Don't know how true that is. But living in Florida it doesn't get that cold here.

Status
Not open for further replies.