Poop Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
We have just been through such worry about our yearling CDT. He went off food and then couldn't poop for 3 days...I soaked him Saturday/Sunday in vitamin water 3xd and made a little enema tube and shot mineral oil in there as best I could...this morning in the soak he passed poop, yay...But now what??

How do I keep the poop flowing???

Thanks

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hopefully what ever was the hold up is now passed and things will return to normal.Did you see anything in the poop out of the norm? I don't know about CDT but with my Sulcata, cactus seem to loosen his poo. I would keep up the soaks too.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Yes I will go get some optuntia today, I couldn't see anything blocking, but an area looked a bit white but not hard...poor thing, when should I resume feeding??

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I would go ahead and offer food. He may or may not eat. If he does I would think thats a good sign.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
after multiple warm water soaks ( with vitamins & pureed pumpkin in it ) and mineral oil enemas & warm day/night temps, Flip pooped in his soak this am just before we left for the vet...we cancelled vet, and continued the soaks...this eve he is eating again thank GOODNESS!! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!! SOOOO worrisome!!! but looks as though he'll be fine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.