Poop green and soft

yay14

Location (City and/or State)
stockholm
My one year old hermann tortoise pooped out a kinda soft green poop. I read this can be bad but also read it can be becuse of change of diet and if he gets fed alot of grocery store stuff which both implies to him. Is this why its green and soft?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
A photo would be helpful.

Tortoises need fibre in their diet just like you do. Of poop y soft then you need to increase the fibre that’s fed.

Lettuce and cucumber contain very little fibre and few nutrients too. So you should be aiming for weeds in an ideal world and perhaps supplementing with a pelleted food like mazuri or komodo (which must be softened in water) when the weeds are in short supply

Write a list of things that grow around you and those that you can buy and look them up on The Tortoise Table Plant Database for suitability to feed. If you can’t identify a plant, post a photo in our Plant ID section and someone will help.

yay14

stockholm
A photo would be helpful.

Tortoises need fibre in their diet just like you do. Of poop y soft then you need to increase the fibre that’s fed.

Lettuce and cucumber contain very little fibre and few nutrients too. So you should be aiming for weeds in an ideal world and perhaps supplementing with a pelleted food like mazuri or komodo (which must be softened in water) when the weeds are in short supply

Write a list of things that grow around you and those that you can buy and look them up on The Tortoise Table Plant Database for suitability to feed. If you can’t identify a plant, post a photo in our Plant ID section and someone will help.

ok just happy it's not a parasite. I will try and get a photo as soon as possible

yay14

stockholm
If it doesn’t clear up with diet, or your tort is losing weight then get a vet to look at a fresh poop sample for parasites
I have some Agrobs which is basicly mazuri and some dried rose peddals should i start feeding this maybe?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have some Agrobs which is basicly mazuri and some dried rose peddals should i start feeding this maybe?
Agrobs is horse feed as far as I am aware. It’s not the same as mazuri.

There are no short cuts if you want your tortoise to be healthy.

Please use feed that is designed for tortoises.

yay14

stockholm
Agrobs is horse feed as far as I am aware. It’s not the same as mazuri.

There are no short cuts if you want your tortoise to be healthy.

Please use feed that is designed for tortoises.
I don't now which agrobs u are refering to but the one I use is for torts and is populor with breeders here and also i did not understand you answer about covering the enclosure so do you think i really need to cover it sense the humidity is perfect the way i have it now? Also i was thinking of giving him dried roses and wheat grass to increse the fiber in his diet will that be good?

yay14

stockholm
I don't now which agrobs u are refering to but the one I use is for torts and is populor with breeders here and also i did not understand you answer about covering the enclosure so do you think i really need to cover it sense the humidity is perfect the way i have it now? Also i was thinking of giving him dried roses and wheat grass to increse the fiber in his diet will that be good?
the cover enclosure thing was meant for a differnt post.