Good Calcium for diet?

yay14

Location (City and/or State)
stockholm
Hi i have a 1 year old hermann tortoise and now during the cold months i can't feed an all weed and flowers diet so i have to buy some grocery store stuff. So right now he gets,

Arugula, Radiccio, Endive, Frisee, Kale and some pak choy every now and then.
I also give him some weeds that i have managed to grow like,
Dandelions, Hypochoeris Autumn Hawkbit, Smooth Hawkbit and Lapsana communis

So my question is it ok for me to give him calcium once a week and nutrobal once a week with this diet?

Thanks beforehand :)

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
Hi i have a 1 year old hermann tortoise and now during the cold months i can't feed an all weed and flowers diet so i have to buy some grocery store stuff. So right now he gets,

Arugula, Radiccio, Endive, Frisee, Kale and some pak choy every now and then.
I also give him some weeds that i have managed to grow like,
Dandelions, Hypochoeris Autumn Hawkbit, Smooth Hawkbit and Lapsana communis

So my question is it ok for me to give him calcium once a week and nutrobal once a week with this diet?

Thanks beforehand :)
That diet looks like it has a bit of calcium to me, but I suggest if you're gonna feed him greens then sprinkle some calcium supplement on them then mix the greens with your hands.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
With young tortoises, a very tiny pinch of calcium powder sprinkled sparsely on food 2-3 days a week is plenty.

Don’t overdo it as too much isn’t a good thing for his health ... and if your tort detects it he will likely refuse the food completely.

You can also put a cuttlebone in the enclosure (they’ll be on the bird aisle of your pet store) Some tortoises love to chomp on them and get calcium and beak maintenance in one go. Others just ignore it; there’s no telling.

yay14

stockholm
With young tortoises, a very tiny pinch of calcium powder sprinkled sparsely on food 2-3 days a week is plenty.

Don’t overdo it as too much isn’t a good thing for his health ... and if your tort detects it he will likely refuse the food completely.

You can also put a cuttlebone in the enclosure (they’ll be on the bird aisle of your pet store) Some tortoises love to chomp on them and get calcium and beak maintenance in one go. Others just ignore it; there’s no telling.
Thanks for the reply and yes i already have a cuttlebone forgot to mention it :)

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I use cuttlebone in some of my enclosures and eggshells in some of the others....

Jamie