Ponce Surveys new domain.

algoroth1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Well, got the pond in, fence up and lots more planting to do, but here we are so far. Yes, that's an orchid and bromeliad knocked over before your eyes:eek:

1475007924396.jpg 1475007946521.jpg 1475007981518.jpg 1475008583362.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice, but I have a suggestion:

get one of those fake rocks to cover the electricity. Curious mouths will certainly try to take a bite out of that interesting-looking electric outlet:

how-to-make-home-look-better-25-1.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks great. I agree, one of those fake rocks would look nice, and protect both tort and electric and they aren't expensive. Menards carries probably the cheapest that I found.

Southeast USA
I love that setup. I hope I can afford a natural-looking pond in my backyard. What species of tortoise is that? It looks beautiful :)

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Thanks all. The fake rock is on the agenda for sure for asthetic reasons. The outlet is already protected by a heavy clear plastic cover that even I have a hard time prying off. Yes, the first thing he did was try to taste the fence itself. Then he bulldozed through the picket fence which required 50 running feet of plywood to strengthen (after recovering Ponce the next morning) Ponce is a Burmese Brown Mountain tort or manouria emys emys.