Ponce and Tortoise Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

algoroth1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Dear All,
We are thrilled to have Ponce, our hatchling emys emys - photo attached:) We are working on foods with him. He loves Romaine lettuce, eats some collards (still hard for him to tear it up) and we are experimenting with new foods each day. We want to supplement with a packaged food every so often and I've seen on this list many people who swear by Mazuri diet. Does anyone know how it differs from the Zoo Med brand Forest Tortoise food? I have some of the Zoo Med and the contents look pretty healthy.

I'm also supplementing some calcium powder each week. Ponce is on the screened porch where his enclosure gets sunlight on part of it for a couple of hours a day and he suns himself if he feels like it, so he should be able to absorb whatever calcium he gets.

Please chime in with any thoughts on Zoo Med food, calcium supplements or anything else you see as good or problematic. I'm learning the ropes every day with this great animal! Thanks,
Ron

Here is the photo of Ponce I thought I'd posted. I missed a step:(

Attachments

• Ponce de Leon 1 month.jpg
    Ponce de Leon 1 month.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 47

algoroth1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
thanks Edna. He was hatched in St. Augustine, FL last month where the real Juan Ponce de Leon landed in 1513 so we figured...Maybe we'll be making some discoveries together with Ponce since he is from the first clutch of captive bred mee's to be born to captive bred adults!

Status
Not open for further replies.