Pls help (tortoise not eating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
My Leo tortoise came home two weeks but he eat a little and sleep a lot. The temp at day time is 85-90. Basking spot is 95-100. Humidity is 70-90. At nite time is 70-75. I have no idea what happen to him. I tried lot of different vegetable but not work. He just smell them and than walk away. I so worry about him. Pls help me. ImageUploadedByTortForum1376546120.663272.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1376546136.517953.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Re: Pls help

Babies sleep a lot.

Does this baby ever get time outside? They are usually more active outdoors than indoors.

What vegetables are you offering? You should be feeding weeds, grasses, succulents and other good greens. Try spring mix or red and green lettuce to start. You can add the better stuff once you know yours is eating.

Sent from my TFOapp

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
RE: Pls help

With that high of humidity I would not ever let the night time temps drop below 80 degrees...I would bump the night temp set up and watch to see if his behavior changes...

Do you offer daily warm water soaks to keep him hydrated? What type of diet does he have?

And adorable tort by the way :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
RE: Pls help

70 is much too cool at night with that level of humidity. Get a ceramic heating element and set it on a thermostat at 80 degrees.

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
I will try tonite set the temp to 80. I tried spring mix, dandelion, lettuce, kale, sow thistle, he still not eat.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Just a side note. Its not just setting thermostat on 80F. You need to make sure the ambient temp. In his surrounding actually gets to those 80F. What is the temp in your room?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
He's not eating because he's too cold. As you increase night temps, I would set it at 85 degrees just in case he's got a little cold. Remember that the overall temp in the enclosure should not be any lower than 80 degrees anywhere in the enclosure. Listen carefully for wheezing just in case there's something going on. Try hand feeding for a while. Keep us posted.

jeffreywht

5 Year Member
My room temp is about 75. Yesterday my GF said he eat 1 leaf about two finger. Is it enough for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.