Not eating:/

mcory

My leo has not eaten in 3 days ... Sleeping more than normal. She is 3 yrs old about 5 inches . Day time temps around 90-95 and night time temps 80. Been feeding her the same things ... Lots of greens from whole foods but the only change is no dandelion greens this time. Should I be concerned ? I am soaking her everyday for about 15-30 mins

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Are those 90s the hottest point? What about lights? How long do you have them on for? I would try bumping the temps up a little and see what happens. No sign of any discharge or noises coming from her? When you soak, does she get more active afterward? Has she passed a stool? How long have you had her?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Good job including your temps. That would have been my first question.

If the only difference is the absence of dandelion then I'm going to assume your Leo is being picky. I notice my Leopards will avoid the dish more on certain days depending on what is fed that day. They won't starve but picky ones will hold out for a preferred green. When I see that happen I will not feed the item I know they are waiting for until I've seen them surrender and start eating the other stuff.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was thinking that 90-95 overall is sort of too hot. Is there a gradient where the tortoise can cool down to around 75-80?

mcory

There is cooler areas:) I'll check doing what I am doing an hope she gives in! How long should I wait?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Another thought/question what are you using to check temperatures? Where are you taking those temperatures?

mcory

Well I already know what you will say;) I'm using a cheap pet store reader but pay day is tomorrow so going to go find temp gun!! The temps have been the same before she got picky. It looks like she ate a little.

mcory

She finally ate a good amount last night!! Was starting to get nervous:/ her favorites seem to be dandelion greens and kale , none of which was available last time. This batch was rainbow chard, watercress , mustard greens and arugula with some wheatgrass snuck into the mix:) I want to get her some mazuri but money is too tight after a family emergency:( wonder if a pet store carries that?