Ploughshare setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Here is the set up. I have coco and sphagnum moss. And a rain system. Any suggestions? ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364365344.647224.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364365378.828950.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364365408.195014.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364365421.078338.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I would swap out the water dish for a terra cotta dish. Much safer. Where/how did you get your hands on a plough share!?

Also, a larger habitat would really be better fitting.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
theelectraco said:
I would swap out the water dish for a terra cotta dish. Much safer. Where/how did you get your hands on a plough share!?

I strongly agree with changing out the water dish. And the dial gauge you have have, can you gain access to a digital one? They tend too be much more accurate and reliable. If you have the room, making the habitat larger now would be good for your little guy. You will need to make it larger soon, anyways.

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Nice , but do Plough need that much humidity ? This sp are from dry habitat , remember ?

I usually leave the water dish out and soak , water them outside once a day for baby to 6" and reduce as they grow bigger ! Reason i dont want damp substrate .

Cheers

Steve_McQueen

5 Year Member
theelectraco said:

I agree with this. Also, you can get anything in China... even sea turtles.

X TORTOISE---MAD X

5 Year Member
Essex England
Beautiful tortoise. So surprised to see these species in captivity, I agree on a bigger enclosure so he/she can roam and enjoy the space. Xx

Radiated

5 Year Member
I always though that the higher humidity would be better for it because it is so hard to keep humid in Beijing. And the tortoise never actually moves around...

Radiated

5 Year Member
The sphagnum moss really helps keep the humidity up.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Steve_McQueen said:
theelectraco said:

you can get anything in China... even sea turtles.

That's a big reason why ploughshares are endangered.

Radiated

5 Year Member
So...can I keep the sphagnum moss? It helps humidity and the humidity without it is around 20, however with it it is around 60.

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Radiated said:
So...can I keep the sphagnum moss? It helps humidity and the humidity without it is around 20, however with it it is around 60.

60% sounds good and i didnt know Beijing has such low humidity !!

Cheers

Radiated

5 Year Member
yeah wintere here is so bad, its cold and dry, humidity without spraying is sometimes 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.