Please Help!!! Tort Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

alben909

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yuciapa,CA
Hey guys im Alec. I have just found an awsome deal at my local pet store for a lighting system i could use for my outdoor enclosure im going to build. I only want to build it if my two suclatas are ready to live outside. They are 2 years old and they are 9 & 10 inches. What do you guys think. List experiances or just plain thought. Anything you think will help.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Id say that is big enough.. if they are secure at night..
if its a great deal.. buy it.. build it and have it ready...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would myself build their home now and build it so you can use it both now and when they become adults. A home you can keep them locked up, when needed (like at night) and one that is heated for the colder times.

For other hides, maybe one that is just more a shade area like a roof with legs just taller then they are. Then garbage cans on their sides are ready made items that can work as a hide. Natural plant type hides, of course then the challenge becomes how to keep your tortoises from eating the plants down to nothing. :D

alben909

5 Year Member
Yuciapa,CA
Ya the plant thing didnt work out for my friend. It was gone in under two days. BTW what plants would be suitable for my torts.

Status
Not open for further replies.