Plants- Real vs Fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chino, CA
I would like to put some more plants inside Daisy’s (leopard, 6 months) home. Right now she has some plastic plants but I would like to give her some real ones. What would be the best real plants for her? I also bought some fake silk ones and was wondering if these would be okay to use. She seems to enjoy her plants and hides in them, so more is better I believe. Can anyone help me?:shy:

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
SpoonyMcGovern said:
I love torts (and other animals), but I'm also a plant guy. Tortoise Table is a great website for plant identification and ideas; I use it all the time. If you check out the houseplant and succulent section, I think you will find some good ideas...

http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/plants_19.asp

That is a great site! Thank you for
sharing!! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pothos, aloe, Boston fern, hens and chicks, ponytail palm, just a few. The tortoise table is a really good site to use.

Kirin

5 Year Member
Chino, CA
Yes, that is a fabulous site! Thanks for sharing; it is now on my favorite list and I will be using it often. Back to my question about the fake plants, are the silk plants okay to be in with her?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Kirin said:
Back to my question about the fake plants, are the silk plants okay to be in with her?

I say yes.

I have always used fake plants in my leopard enclosure. Mine loves to hide under them and seems to know that they are not food ;)

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I have a big fern in the yard and one of my adults loves to go sit under it during the hot days. I also had hosta plants which they liked to sit under until they decided to eat them. You could probably get a fern to grow nicely inside.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Greg T said:
I also had hosta plants which they liked to sit under until they decided to eat them.

LOL! this really made me laugh. Really shows the character of tortoises. As soon as they try something, if they love it, its gone!

P.S. Fake plants are fine to use :)

Redhead

5 Year Member
San Antonio
I use fake plants for my red foot and my leopard. They tried to eat every plant in their enclosures once...they haven't touched them since. Except for some minor rearranging. They do enjoy digging around them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.