Plants for Closed chamber

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
I've had the humidity go down to 70, sometimes lower, in my closed chamber ever since the weeds and grasses I put have died. I decided to buy some plants from Home Depot to put inside and my humidity is back up to the mid- high 80's.

I currently have some type of fern, golden pothos, first frost hosta, and a small neanthebella palm. (All humidity-loving plants according to my research). My question is would it be ok to leave the plants in the pots they're in so they wouldn't grow too big or should I transplant them? Would they die if left them in the original pots?
My substrate is top soil on one side and orchid bark on the other side.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I would replant into an organic top soil. Wash the roots off really good. The store bought plants usally have fertalizers in them & those little white things in potting soil are toxic.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Thanks for the quick response. The plants are actually out of the tortoise's reach so I'm not worried about him eating it. I just want to know if not re- potting would eventually kill off the plant or just stop it from growing too big. If it's the later then better since I wouldn't worry about the plants outgrowing the chamber.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I keep mine in their pots. They are easy to pull up and re plant as needed. The roots do grow out of the pots but I just trim them back when I move them. I also have to trim plant growth quite frequently.