Planter turned into enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here is a planter that I made about a year ago. This planter was made so I could let the grass grow high underneath it and my adult redfoots females could go under and hide. The planter was made low enough so my males could NOT mount my females while they were under it. Ive been giving my female redfoots a break more often because my males are relentless. Today I made a top for it and turning it into a tort enclosure, its nice and long so they can do some laps and get a little excercise. Just need to add some plants and hides and good shade area and we will be good to go.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Really nice. You could put wheels on that and move it where you wanted. Will your females go in there?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
lynnedit said:
Really nice. You could put wheels on that and move it where you wanted. Will your females go in there?

The male and female redfoots have the whole yard and this will be moved to the grass so the gals can hide under it and smaller torts can go in the top. Smaller redfoots up top, I did think about wheels and would be nice to be able to move it easily

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
Virginia Beach, Va
That is a pretty cool idea actually, you could even use that as a full time for those who are worried about escaping or for those who worry about someone taking there Torts. What are the measurements on that?

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
That is very different and cool!
I also like that it can be moved.

Nice!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Dom3rd said:
What are the dimensions on that?

I made it out of fence boards from home depot, they are very cheap and are 6 ft. long enclosure dimensions, 72 inches long--13 inches wide---3 fence boards high, which is about 16 or 17 inches. It was meant to hold alot of dirt for a planter so it was made to hold weight. Very cheap to make

Status
Not open for further replies.