New Outdoor Summer Enclosure!

TheWarTortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hey everyone, just wanted to share my new outdoor enclosure. I used @ZEROPILOT 's idea with these Planter Blocks, and they really worked well. I live in Pennsylvania currently, so my Leopard only has about a quarter of the year to be outside. So these Planter Blocks will make it super convenient to store when the colder months come. Also, the Planter Blocks make it very easy to add on as Scutes gets bigger! Thank you again @ZEROPILOT for the awesome, cheap idea!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460929544.197170.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460929586.441939.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460929604.797893.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1460929635.604863.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Questions... are those corner openings going to be high enough, it doesn't give your tortoise escape ideas? (I always try to find weak spots in setups)

Next are you going to add a water source and other taller type plants?

I love anything that gets a tortoise outside for any amount of time. :tort:

TheWarTortoise

10 Year Member!
Pennsylvania
Questions... are those corner openings going to be high enough, it doesn't give your tortoise escape ideas? (I always try to find weak spots in setups)

Next are you going to add a water source and other taller type plants?

I love anything that gets a tortoise outside for any amount of time. :tort:

I now realize that it does look pretty barren, but I just constructed it and took the photos. He'll have a water dish out there very soon, food dish, and some other things. And no, at his age and size now, there's now way he can escape.

TheWarTortoise

10 Year Member!
Pennsylvania
It's cool to see them in use.
I see you used just one block in each corner.( I think id ad another for height)
What is the board size?
2x10?

Yes the board size is 2x10, and its an 8x10 enclosure. I didn't feel the need to add another layer because my tortoise isn't big enough to even attempt to get over the top. But when the time comes, I will add another layer.