Plans for 2-1/2 story enclosure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBeanie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Woo so I'm finishing the plans for a 2-1/2 story tort table!!! Woo pictures of the plans and project to come :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Don't forget to give us all the details (i.e. cost, time it took, level of difficulty, special features).

SBeanie

5 Year Member
California
So after some measurements and hand gestures and remeasuring

First floor: 3ft 7inches long by 1ft 8inches wide

**( wanted this to be a little bit wider but due to the shelf it's on this was as big as I could get it, but the good news is I have a outdoor garden/pen that is much bigger) (I believe it's 4ft by 5ft)
****(the first floor is also where the basking light will be which is going to point at a flat rock, there is also going to be a water saucer with access to fresh water a completely covered (well minus one wall) hid that will be the humid hid. The floor is going to be a mixture of coconut coir and top soil with a small pile of sphagnum moss to also dig in. I'm also hooking up a humidifier to the bottom of the second story that will be put on a timer to maintain a certain humidity.)

Second floor: 2ft 6inches long by 1ft 8inches wide

**( the second story is where the live plants will be so I call it "the jungle", the floor is going to be basalt flat rocks (the hold it heat) with either silicon or a light cement to put inbetween the small gaps in the flat rocks (kind of like how tiles are put together) then to make sure the basalt rocks stay nice and warm I'm booming up a small heater attached to a timer and setting it to hold a preprogrammed temp. I am also cutting out a rectangle on the longer wall and replacing with plexiglass.

Third floor/pent house: 1ft long by 1ft 8inches wide

**(this third story is not so much a full floor as it is a elevated house that I'm naming the "Sky Vodka villa", its going to be filled with some sphagnum moss because sky loves to dig around in it. The house is going to have a detachable wooden roof that comes off for easy cleaning, I'm cutting as mall rectangle out of one of the longer walls and replacing with plexiglass so I can see in.)

I am in the process of drawling a final draft of the enclosure and I hope to be done with it by tomorrow and then I'll post so everyone can see. :) but the above writing is a general explanation of what is going to happen. But pictures are so much more helpful haha
Am I missing anything? :) think something else might work better instead? Share your thoughts :)

SBeanie

5 Year Member
California
Well after some more staring and numbers we are making the second and third floor bigger (wider) guess its back to measuring again haha

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
I am lookinh forward to seeimg it. I love the idea of multiple levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.