Pictures of really big leopards?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
I believe they have only been in our country since the early 90's, the 50 or so that were let in and it was not too long after that, like 91 or 92 that no more we let in due to a possible tick, or so they say.

They were available in the US before the 90s and weren't banned from import until 2000. Where did this "50 or so" figure originate?

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
jaizei said:
They were available in the US before the 90s and weren't banned from import until 2000. Where did this "50 or so" figure originate?

That's right, it was 2000 that they stopped. I stand corrected. I was doing an email search to see who told me that, maybe Jeff Price? And that could have been the number imported with the ones he had, of which some are now with one of our members, TortsRUS.

Here is that link with the huge ones ... so stunning ...

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-71697.html

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
jaizei said:

That's right, it was 2000 that they stopped. I stand corrected. I was doing an email search to see who told me that, maybe Jeff Price? And that could have been the number imported with the ones he had, of which some are now with one of our members, TortsRUS.

Here is that link with the huge ones ... so stunning ...

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-71697.html

You know, some of those have high spot counts they must be pardalis pardalis, and others look to be nearly blonds. They must be some sort of hybrids, within one species. Hmm, maybe I should not go beer tasting before I post hahahahahhahah, Just fun - cool your feces people :cool:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You should've entered this pic for the calendar contest LOL.
ShellyTurtleTort said:
This is my big guy.

You should've entered this pic for the calendar contest LOL.
ShellyTurtleTort said:
This is my big guy.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Wow, those are REALLY flippin' big Leo's. Fascinating and beautiful.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
And a momma/poppa pair of Ethiopians is available for 3,500 Euro which is 4811.80 USD today. And babies are 125 Euro which is 171.85 USD. In Barcelona. Dang.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
This person just posts pictures of tortoises all day every day. Mostly leopards: https://www.facebook.com/t.tortoise.t

He has posted several pictures of giant leopards, but for the most part it's just tortoises with impressive patterns. Without a doubt some of the best looking leopard tortoises you have ever seen are posted on this Facebook account.

gustaf

5 Year Member
Those leopards look so big that they would challenge the sulcata for the title of third largest tortoise in the world . And there shell pattern is magnificent. I want one so bad. If i could afford to i would make a special trip just to see these magnificent monsters.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Madrid Zoo has a really poorly kept one but it must be 20 inches or there abouts. In Mauritius, I met one that was 18 inches and perfectly smooth, apparently CB as well.

2ofEverything

Greg T said:
Not huge, but my 10 year old babcocki is 16 inches and 22 pounds.

Wow that's an amazing leopard! How cold are the winters where you are? Because I'm in Canada and I don't really know what I would do with a tortoise that size in my house.