Pictures of really big leopards?

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
I know that leopards are supposed to get 100lbs but has anyone actually seen one this big? Mine is 13 years and only about 12 inches. Maybe 8lbs. A breeder I went to had a 23 year old who wasn't much bigger then mine.
The reptile store near me thought they only got about 30lbs.
So does anyone here have a giant leopord?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The majority of leopards here will not get to 100 lb. Most are from 15-18" and 30-50 pounds. With the GPP being larger then the GPB.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
That's a cool large male pardalis. Thanks for the picture!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
I do not remember where I found this picture of the leopard in water, but I loved it. It is in Nqweba Dam, on the Sondags River, Graaff Reinet, Eastern Cape, South Africa.

The other one is very sad. Makes me appreciate my little babies that much more. I want to believe that those tortoises were confiscated by authorities and put back in the wild. I sincerely hope. Beauties all.

Attachments

• Leopard_tortoise_Graaff-reinet Nqweba dam.jpg
    Leopard_tortoise_Graaff-reinet Nqweba dam.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Leopard tortoises hunted.png
    Leopard tortoises hunted.png
    627.5 KB · Views: 391

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Not huge, but my 10 year old babcocki is 16 inches and 22 pounds.

Attachments

• IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 311

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Greg that's an outstanding Leopard. Just awesome

Is it male or female?

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
diamondbp said:
Greg that's an outstanding Leopard. Just awesome

Is it male or female?

thank you! He's ALL male and he's not afraid to show it! Quite an "active" one too... :p

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Greg T said:

Greg, is this the daddy of the hatchlings I bought from you? They are doing awesome by the way. Growing like weeds. I named them Beans and Watson.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Yes, he's the proud poppa of quite a few babies. I love the names!! :D

Elohi said:
Greg T said:

Greg, is this the daddy of the hatchlings I bought from you? They are doing awesome by the way. Growing like weeds. I named them Beans and Watson.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Linz2491 said:
I know that leopards are supposed to get 100lbs but has anyone actually seen one this big? Mine is 13 years and only about 12 inches. Maybe 8lbs. A breeder I went to had a 23 year old who wasn't much bigger then mine.
The reptile store near me thought they only got about 30lbs.
So does anyone here have a giant leopord?

I have watched your thread with great interest. Are you sorta being a curiosity seeker and just want to see images of giant leopards? Are you seeking to try and buy one, or maybe just wondering how big your own pet will get?

Leopards are very variable. What is the specific nature of your interest.

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
I am a curiosity seeker. ;)
I already have 4 leopards so good for now. Lol
I just found it interesting that it seems like nobody has a 100lb leopard and the info says they get about that size. I am perfectly happy with 30 lbs for my guys,
Just curious if anyone actually has a huge one and what the info discrepancy is. Maybe they are just slow growing so not too many have had them 50 years.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Greg T said:

Greg, how big is this guy in other directions? LOL

Would he fit through a 12"x12" door opening? Think he is done growing? ...I really think I made my outdoor heated hide's door too small...it's 12"x12"

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Linz2491 said:
I am a curiosity seeker. ;)
I already have 4 leopards so good for now. Lol
I just found it interesting that it seems like nobody has a 100lb leopard and the info says they get about that size. I am perfectly happy with 30 lbs for my guys,
Just curious if anyone actually has a huge one and what the info discrepancy is. Maybe they are just slow growing so not too many have had them 50 years.

I believe they have only been in our country since the early 90's, the 50 or so that were let in - and more experienced keepers with better recall will hopefully yay or nay my statement - and it was not too long after that, like 91 or 92 that no more we let in due to a possible tick, or so they say. I know of a few here in SoCal from the 90's batch but even if they were adults in the 90's when they came in, I know of none that come close to that 100 pound mark. Heck, I do not know of any at 70-ish pounds really. So, the gigantor ones, perhaps the answer is not yet.

Now, the big phatties (LOL) in Africa are suppose to be in Ethiopia and I have seen a picture of them with a Spanish gentleman in a warm jacket in what looks like a mountain with fog in the background. Oh.My. Huge and stunning. From the picture alone, you know that baby is at least 100 pounds. I must find that picture or link to share with you. I, me, my opinion, totally unexpertish, just me, well I think those big ones are sulcata-ish and I often wonder if some crossed paths in the range and voila! big, huge leopards.

Ouch, who threw that shoe? : 0