5 Year Member
Pretty face sad shell!!!
2012-07-06_15-11-56_626.jpg
2012-07-06_15-12-41_59.jpg
2012-07-06_15-12-42_938.jpg
2012-07-06_15-12-49_848.jpg
2012-07-06_15-12-53_425.jpg
2012-07-06_15-12-56_377.jpg

7 years old about 12" not for sale! She said if I want one they could get babies for $300 ;/

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Doesn't look too bad for a pet store. Looks dry. Is the back of the guys shell caved in? Kinda looks like it in the first three pics, but can't really tell.

BTW, did you try to help the guy by giving them some pointers on what they could do to improve his life and well being.?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I disagree, while it is not to bumpy, the top part of the shell looks like a camel's hump, which should be high domed, probably MBD.

jason g.

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Doesn't look too bad for a pet store. Looks dry. Is the back of the guys shell caved in? Kinda looks like it in the first three pics, but can't really tell.

BTW, did you try to help the guy by giving them some pointers on what they could do to improve his life and well being.?

Yes it's caved in. I talked to her for about an hour. She got insulted at 1st so I just told her about how I take care of mine and she told me how she raised her sully Lilly 7 years old lives in a 48" X 30" pen pellets for bedding heat rock on one side fed a variety of mixed vegetables with lots of Timothy hay and 2 heat lamps on top one for night and one for day. Hard for me to preach when mine is a baby but I told her what I knew. I brought my sully in one time and they thought she was a box turtle. She got free roam of the store on occasion but not much. I am under the impression it's strictly a store pet. I didn't want to offend so I just talked about there care and maybe something will help. She's a really nice lady.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's good you took the time and trouble to talk to her about the tortoise. Some of what you said may be used. Did you give her this site to check out?

jason g.

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
It's good you took the time and trouble to talk to her about the tortoise. Some of what you said may be used. Did you give her this site to check out?

Of coarse everyone who says they want a turtles or tortoise I give them this site. ;)

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
:( Pet stores always house large sulcatas in small cages. Poor things! At my local pet store, there were TWO big sulcatas housed in a small area and one of them kept on getting flipped over. It was a sad sight!

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Sounds like the nature center down my road they have a 100 lb male sulcutas named buzz and though he came in with a great shell I doubt he'll have that for long they feed this thing cabbage and broccoli.....he looks miserable and the only thing I wanna do is pick him up and send him to someone who will take care of him, he doesn't even dig.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
AustinASU said:
Sounds like the nature center down my road they have a 100 lb male sulcutas named buzz and though he came in with a great shell I doubt he'll have that for long they feed this thing cabbage and broccoli.....he looks miserable and the only thing I wanna do is pick him up and send him to someone who will take care of him, he doesn't even dig.

How about educating them instead? print out some info about diet etc.. and give it to them. If you dont want to do it in person, mail it.

Crystal2807

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Laura said:
AustinASU said:

How about educating them instead? print out some info about diet etc.. and give it to them. If you dont want to do it in person, mail it.

That's a great idea, we have a pet store here that has 2 adult redfoot's in a 5x5 pen. No light's, heat, or hide. They just run into the glass constantly, I don't think they will last to long in his care. Maybe if I mailed in a care sheet it would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.