Peer Pressure (AKA "Ipsy")

DawnH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
I am three months away from turning 46 and some friends told me I MUST step away from the tortoise and sign up for Ipsy "as a treat."

So (even though I am not a big fan of makeup) I did.

I received this lovely shade of lip color today.

"Try Ipsy" they said.

"It'll be fun" they said

(This brings me back to my cholo days or at best it looks like I made out with Barney.) :eek:

*sigh*

Attachments

• ipsy.jpg
    ipsy.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 37

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hmmm, friends want you to step away from what you love and enjoy, tortoises, to join a makeup thing? Well, I dont think they are that great of friends and they should maybe mind their own business. Are they paying for the make up? Oh, and your fitting the bill for your torts. Hmmm, claim your own life, unless they want to pay for your bills.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Hmmm, friends want you to step away from what you love and enjoy, tortoises, to join a makeup thing? Well, I dont think they are that great of friends and they should maybe mind their own business. Are they paying for the make up? Oh, and your fitting the bill for your torts. Hmmm, claim your own life, unless they want to pay for your bills.

LOL! No one forces me to do anything and $10 isn't going to kill me. It was more about doing something for ME for once instead of everyone else. My tribe is a great one!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
46? OMG run!
You know what they say, you can take the ..... never mind.
I think most would be happy to look like that at 46 well except for me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I am three months away from turning 46 and some friends told me I MUST step away from the tortoise and sign up for Ipsy "as a treat."

So (even though I am not a big fan of makeup) I did.

I received this lovely shade of lip color today.

"Try Ipsy" they said.

"It'll be fun" they said

(This brings me back to my cholo days or at best it looks like I made out with Barney.) :eek:

*sigh*

I love, love, love that picture! It made me chuckle.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LOL! No one forces me to do anything and $10 isn't going to kill me. It was more about doing something for ME for once instead of everyone else. My tribe is a great one!

That is fricken awesome...I laughed so hard at your expression that I woke my dog up and made him jump...awesome....I love the brow scrunch...you know, that skill is entirely due to meeting alot of aholes in your life time....I love that your girls cared to harass you and you are up for the game...good job, I wonder if that purple lipstick would better used, uh, something like this????

sexy tortoise.jpg

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
OMG, ascott!!!! WHERE did you find that little tort figurine??!?! I NEED IT!!!
:p :p :p

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
That is fricken awesome...I laughed so hard at your expression that I woke my dog up and made him jump...awesome....I love the brow scrunch...you know, that skill is entirely due to meeting alot of aholes in your life time....I love that your girls cared to harass you and you are up for the game...good job, I wonder if that purple lipstick would better used, uh, something like this????

View attachment 129752

LOL!!! HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THE BROW SCRUNCH?! You hit the nail on the head!!! You made my day with this comment. BINGO! And I have no idea where you got that photo but it is perfect. Just perfect.

(Back story - I don't wear makeup and was talking to some friends about how I wanted to dabble in it but didn't want to waste money and they suggested Ipsy as a fun treat for myself. This conversation came up as my husband and I were attending a formal ball locally and I was clueless on how I was gonna "pull this off" given the fact that I am a jeans/tshirt/converse CA girl who would rather hang with my pets then get all dolled up.) ANYWAYS - I received my little bag in the mail and pulled out that horrible wonder. I was gonna pitch it but then decided to put it on and take a photo to send to a few friends and show them what I received. I am famous for harassing people and we were all cracking up over it.

SOMEONE GETS MY HUMOR HERE! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
46? OMG run!
You know what they say, you can take the ..... never mind.
I think most would be happy to look like that at 46 well except for me.

LOL!!! I grew up by Oakland, CA. My husband will tell you that there is still a little ghetto in this girl when I'm mad. My head starts bobbin' in a circle and I raise my finger and it's all over!;)

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I don't get it? I think you look great.