Russian Rehab

Location (City and/or State)
ma
Hello all,
New first time owner of a previously severally neglected Russian T.
My question

Do you think LOts of Pee means he properly hydrated/ in good shape or could it be considered diarrhea ?

A quick history:
He came from a glass fish tank with no light at all just ambient and florescent (UGH!) he had no calcium supplement and only ate spring mix. My suspicion is he did not have access to clean water consistently either and he arrived with a severally overgrown Beak and nails so long he was walking on the tops of his feet and could not eat properly.

When i first got him he ate a bunch of food really fast without drinking any water and he became so constipated be pooped out his penis. i rushed him to the vet and she showed me how to put it back in and said i should keep soaking him daily and just keep getting him re hydrated. the Penis Prolapse stopped happening THANK GOD!

Current situation :
Now i have been noticing a Huge amount of clear Pee usually first thing in the morning.
He is having good semi firm poops each day or so and his pee is almost totaly clear with minimal urates. The urates are nice and soft.

PLease let me know what you think.
does anyone have an estimate of the right balance ratio fir pee to poo?
how do i know if he is Over hydrated?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

IM sooooo greatfull i found this page! i would be totaly lost without it.

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Overhydrated is not a worry at all. If he’s peeing and popping you’re just fine all systems are go!