"Peach Phase" cherry heads?

Brit G

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I was really interested in some cherryhead hatchlings that an owner advertised as "peach phase." Is this something anyone is familiar with? I had read in a thread somewhere on this forum earlier today that "iivory leopard tortoises" are generally considered a scam, as well as something about a sunset phase scam. Does anyone know anything about the legitimacy of "peach" cherry heads?

Perhaps it is only a description of a color they are breeding for, such as "citrus bearded dragons" just meaning yellow coloration...

My biggest concern is if the tortoise will hold that peachy hue into adulthood, or if I'll have wasted the extra priciness. Anyone bought one before that can attest on that subject?

Thank you if so.

daniellenc

Maryland
All red foots/ yellow foots fade with age. Peach phase is describing the color so not really a scam it's just a more orange cherry head is all.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All red foots/ yellow foots fade with age. Peach phase is describing the color so not really a scam it's just a more orange cherry head is all.
If they are asking more for it by calling it peach phase, would that be normal and worth the extra cost, or are they just jacking the price by calling it something different?
I don't do RF or CH but learned a lotabout them from Jeff (N2TORTS) Never heard of this new discription.
I would think it would be a scam if they are asking more then a regular. However, the "white" leopards or whatever the individual is calling it is more expensive even though some stay light while others don't.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can you post a pic of it? This way any CH people can tell you if it's just a regular CH

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Sounds like a fancy name to just charge more, like "Clown face" Redfoots. I could be wrong though.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
RF and Cherryhead RF don't come in any standard color. Nor do they usually stay that color as has already been stated.
"Peach phase" sounds like it has been made up by the breeder. But it isn't necessarily a scam. Just an long as it is priced within the normal range. Or just slightly higher for a pleasing abnormality.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I was really interested in some cherryhead hatchlings that an owner advertised as "peach phase." Is this something anyone is familiar with? I had read in a thread somewhere on this forum earlier today that "iivory leopard tortoises" are generally considered a scam, as well as something about a sunset phase scam. Does anyone know anything about the legitimacy of "peach" cherry heads?

Perhaps it is only a description of a color they are breeding for, such as "citrus bearded dragons" just meaning yellow coloration...

My biggest concern is if the tortoise will hold that peachy hue into adulthood, or if I'll have wasted the extra priciness. Anyone bought one before that can attest on that subject?

Thank you if so.
Think they all go through the peach stage. Yellow Brazilians(cherryheads) and northerns with pure yellow heads and leg scales seem rare in captivity. Everything else is norm.

Brit G

Texas
Thanks guys. Didn't realize they all fade with age. Bit of a bummer.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'd be really interested to see these "peach phase" torts. Care to share an image or a link?