Cherry heads in PA?

Sdaggan

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania, United States
I live in Pennsylvania, and am looking into getting a tortoise. I plan on keeping it in a large indoor enclosure, with trips outdoors when possible. I had been leaning towards Hermann's tortoise because of size, but was curious if anyone has any experience with cherry heads in the type of set up I've described. Thanks in advance.

BILBO-03

You can keep cherryheads you just need a big closed chamber. It can be done but will take more space:) and the minimum size for a adult Hermann's is 8x4.

Flint

Norwich CT, USA
I've got a red foot in CT witch is pretty close to you. i just always have to keep a good eye on humidly. Outdoors in winter not a good idea but it seems summers should be good outside

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
If you get your enclos
I live in Pennsylvania, and am looking into getting a tortoise. I plan on keeping it in a large indoor enclosure, with trips outdoors when possible. I had been leaning towards Hermann's tortoise because of size, but was curious if anyone has any experience with cherry heads in the type of set up I've described. Thanks in advance.
If you are getting a baby tort, start it off in a 2×4 vivarium. This will give you about a yr to sort out a larger enclosure. In a vivarium you will have no problem keeping an ambient temp and the correct humidity levels if you set it up correctly. Let us know what you decide to do.

Sdaggan

Pennsylvania, United States
Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm going to stick with a Hermann's tortoise, after all. I actually am planning on making a large tortoise table (at least the 8x4 minimum), and have adjustable walls I can use to start the enclosure off small and move them to make it bigger as it grows. I will definitely post pictures once I build it.