Outdoor Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

aclesi11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, LA
I let my sulcata play in an outdoor enclosure a few times a week for 2-3 hours to get natural sunlight. When I bring him outside, he hides most of the time under the shade covered portion of the enclosure. Is the indirect light he gets enough as far as UV rays?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I agree.

What size sulcata are we talking about? It's pretty normal for babies to hide out a lot. If they are well fed and warm enough, there is no reason to expose themselves to possible predation. Most of our babies are pretty well fed and warm enough. :)

aclesi11

5 Year Member
New Orleans, LA
Tom said:
I agree.

What size sulcata are we talking about? It's pretty normal for babies to hide out a lot. If they are well fed and warm enough, there is no reason to expose themselves to possible predation. Most of our babies are pretty well fed and warm enough. :)

Yes, he is a baby. As far as predation, his outdoor enclosure consists of a plastic kiddie pool with a chicken wire top to keep out birds and cats, so he is very safe. I bring him out to get natural UV light during the week rather than using UV bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.