Outdoor hide??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well seems Tony has decided to take his naps under the peach tree.. The only issue I have is it's really damp there and a lot of flies eating the rotting peaches...
So I put out half a x large dog crate... He goes in and turns right around and comes out... The setup slants to the rear.. So it's tight for him to get in but roomy inside... How can I make it more appealing to him.. Any suggestions??

Also want to put in a semi permanent soaking setup.. Was thinking about burying a cut down sweater box to the rim... Only question is how important is it to keep clean.. Would I have to change it daily?? ..I understand if he poops in it i would change it immediately.. But more interested if he just gets it dirty?? If anyone has any ideas for an outside soaking pond.. I'm open to suggestions..

Thank you

Robert

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Galaxy far, far away...
I use a lid to a large rubbermaid tub. I fill it with water in the morning, and then just tip it and dump it at night. It is deep enough to soak in. Easy to flip to clean and easy to move around.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Rob...How deep would it be??.. I wanted something he could actually get into.. Was thinking about 3" or 4" with a gradual ramp...

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Overall size is about 43" x 22". About three inches deep.

The lid goes on a 50 gallon bin and is rounded, so a little deeper in the middle. The 50 gallon bin is also good for transporting the tort if need be.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Robert said:
Overall size is about 43" x 22". About three inches deep.

The lid goes on a 50 gallon bin and is rounded, so a little deeper in the middle. The 50 gallon bin is also good for transporting the tort if need be.

Do you dig it into the dirt?? I might have one of those lids..

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Robert said:
I didn't. Sid just steps right into it, and I figured this makes it easier to flip over and dump out.

Thanks Rob.. Ill give it a try tomorrow..

Anyone have any idea how to get. Tony to use his hide??

M

Maggie Cummings

Cut your door open a bit and put lots of hay inside

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Tony the tank said:
Robert said:
I didn't. Sid just steps right into it, and I figured this makes it easier to flip over and dump out.

Thanks Rob.. Ill give it a try tomorrow..

I put Sid in his box at night and put a board over the door to keep him in. (He can just knock it down to come out.) After two days he just started putting himself to bed.

Another forum member, Tom, recommended watching where your Sulcata seems to naturally want to bed down, and then just build your hide on that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.