Our new baby, Ducky T.

Casie A

Location (City and/or State)
Riverview
That’s the cutest masseuse I’ve ever seen! All your pups are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I have a 2 year old Eastern Hermann’s tortoise named Dozer. I’ve had him since he was 3 months old and he has completely taken over my life. I had no idea how much personality a tortoise could have. He’s completely captured my heart and is spoiled rotten. Here’s a couple recent pictures.

View attachment 331754
View attachment 331755
That’s the cutest masseuse I’ve ever seen! All your pups are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I have a 2 year old Eastern Hermann’s tortoise named Dozer. I’ve had him since he was 3 months old and he has completely taken over my life. I had no idea how much personality a tortoise could have. He’s completely captured my heart and is spoiled rotten. Here’s a couple recent pictures.

View attachment 331754
View attachment 331755
He is handsome! What a beautiful shell! He loves hibiscus too! That looks like a great habitat you built for him. We are struggling on that.

I have to report; she just pooped! It was amazing. I was nervous because she hadn't yet. Right in the bath. ?

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
He is handsome! What a beautiful shell! He loves hibiscus too! That looks like a great habitat you built for him. We are struggling on that.

I have to report; she just pooped! It was amazing. I was nervous because she hadn't yet. Right in the bath. ?
Yay for the poop! That can be a stressful time when they aren’t pooping. Glad she got it out finally and even better that it happened during her soak! Thank you for your compliments on Dozer. He just got hibiscus a couple of months ago for the first time and boy does he love it!! Too bad I live in a tundra and can’t grow it year round lol. If you are interested in seeing more of Dozer’s enclosure, here’s a link to the thread I posted earlier this year when he moved into it.

There has been some updates since this thread was posted. Every now and then Dozer let’s me know he’s not happy with something ?. He recently outgrew his cave, so I had to replace it last weekend with something else. Since then, bedtime has become a real chore because he’s still having a temper tantrum about it ?

Here’s a couple more recent pics of the enclosure that you can look at in addition to what’s in the above thread. These were taken shortly before I removed his cave.

4201939B-D81A-49F4-8EF8-891DA8CB0C9A.jpeg
CC27D6C5-BF77-42F2-93A6-9EFD0CC97309.jpeg

Casie A

Riverview
Yay for the poop! That can be a stressful time when they aren’t pooping. Glad she got it out finally and even better that it happened during her soak! Thank you for your compliments on Dozer. He just got hibiscus a couple of months ago for the first time and boy does he love it!! Too bad I live in a tundra and can’t grow it year round lol. If you are interested in seeing more of Dozer’s enclosure, here’s a link to the thread I posted earlier this year when he moved into it.

There has been some updates since this thread was posted. Every now and then Dozer let’s me know he’s not happy with something ?. He recently outgrew his cave, so I had to replace it last weekend with something else. Since then, bedtime has become a real chore because he’s still having a temper tantrum about it ?

Here’s a couple more recent pics of the enclosure that you can look at in addition to what’s in the above thread. These were taken shortly before I removed his cave.

View attachment 331759
View attachment 331758
That is amazing. Beautifully done. I am going to share this with my son, and I might copy a bit, if you don't mind. We will call it Ducky-Dozer Park!

I don't know how to mark these with "love" but I do love it. Are all those pants real?

Try giving him roses! We give Ducky dwarf white drift. Her eyes light up when she sees it.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
That is amazing. Beautifully done. I am going to share this with my son, and I might copy a bit, if you don't mind. We will call it Ducky-Dozer Park!

I don't know how to mark these with "love" but I do love it. Are all those pants real?

Try giving him roses! We give Ducky dwarf white drift. Her eyes light up when she sees it.
Thank you! Yes please do copy whatever you want. That’s exactly why she share these things and our experiences on the forum. There’s a mix of real and fake plants in his enclosure. The spider plant and pothos are real and the rest is fake. I have more plants that are in quarantine right now that will be added into the enclosure in the near future. I have turtle vine, aloe Vera and another spider plant waiting in the wings. I also took some cuttings from my pothos a few weeks back to start another plant. You can’t put plants in the enclosure that were just purchased from a green house or Home Depot, etc because they’re almost always treated with chemicals and pesticides. When I do buy store bought plants, I remove as much of the soil as I can that they came with and re-pot them. I then usually grow out plants for a year before Dozer sees them to make sure all of the chemicals are gone. This is actually why he hasn’t tried roses yet. I’d love for him to try, but our growing season here is so short and I haven’t found anything that’s not treated with chemicals yet. I had a rose bush I planted last summer hoping it would be ready for Dozer this year, but it didn’t survive our harsh winter.

Anyhow, as the plants I’ve been growing out are ready for Dozer’s enclosure, they will replace the fake plants. Some people say their torts try to eat fake plants, but I haven’t had this issue. I buy silk plants/leaves and he seems to know the difference. The fern picks I have at ground level through his enclosure are fake and are one of his favourites. He loved hauling them around the enclosure and taking naps under them. I also bought some neat little clips I’m going to use to start stringing one of the pothos plants around the inside perimeter of his enclosure too. I think it’ll look kind of cool.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
My son has now started calling her The Vampire Ducky. ? she decimated that rose and got petals all over her face!

OMG! That is awesome! I would love to get a sulcata but I have three dogs. Also, I think I need to get a bit more experience first.

Does she come when you call her? What's her name? What do you feed her? Is she free range in the yard? How old is she? Can you send a picture? Sorry so many questions but I'm new to this tortoise love and I want to know everything!

Well, of course his name is Gary! Just like my Chihuahua is named Taco. That is so cute!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
My son has now started calling her The Vampire Ducky. ? she decimated that rose and got petals all over her face!

OMG! That is awesome! I would love to get a sulcata but I have three dogs. Also, I think I need to get a bit more experience first.

Does she come when you call her? What's her name? What do you feed her? Is she free range in the yard? How old is she? Can you send a picture? Sorry so many questions but I'm new to this tortoise love and I want to know everything!

Well, of course his name is Gary! Just like my Chihuahua is named Taco. That is so cute!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Oh my GOOOOODDDD!!!!
I just had a whole story to answer your questions and it erased!!!!
I am just devistated!
I tried to get it back but I can’t figure out how?
?????????????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oh my GOOOOODDDD!!!!
I just had a whole story to answer your questions and it erased!!!!
I am just devistated!
I tried to get it back but I can’t figure out how?
?????????????

K…. I’ll start over.
But this time it won’t be as funny. ?

My torts name is Sally.
She is 23yrs old
No waaaayyyyy does she come when called.
She mainly eats grass but has mustard greens , dandelions and sometimes green leaf lettuces.
She is free range outside with monitoring and is allowed inside with side by side monitoring otherwise she will rip the walls down. She is a medium sized bulldozer.
If she wants past you, you’d better move your toes! Or she will step soooo hard on them you’ll feel like they BLEW OFF OF YOUR FEET!!!! (Experienced).

Now.. Gary on the other hand, seems he likes to pay attention to the rules a little bit better. Maybe because he knows these are the hands that feed..

On that note….. oh I am soooo disgusted that the other letter I wrote you got deleted
????

Ok.. you asked for pictures so here goes! ?

Attachments

• FECE7A10-8E0A-4A58-97C7-AD80A31316E1.png
    FECE7A10-8E0A-4A58-97C7-AD80A31316E1.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 7A7DD746-F4AE-4085-8232-6C66C8AA62F3.png
    7A7DD746-F4AE-4085-8232-6C66C8AA62F3.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 14
  • A8C3E451-FCCF-4ACC-84A4-1DB1F397D8D3.png
    A8C3E451-FCCF-4ACC-84A4-1DB1F397D8D3.png
    173 KB · Views: 14
  • 85DB7B9F-356F-4E64-958A-A99DD6C81CB4.png
    85DB7B9F-356F-4E64-958A-A99DD6C81CB4.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 255EEFD6-0481-42FA-82BC-A7C0B7021E35.png
    255EEFD6-0481-42FA-82BC-A7C0B7021E35.png
    329 KB · Views: 16
  • EA385565-A9E9-4E95-8E21-BE1F9C7D1D45.png
    EA385565-A9E9-4E95-8E21-BE1F9C7D1D45.png
    276.9 KB · Views: 16
  • E28EC57E-5D76-4213-A49C-1EB05D753E64.png
    E28EC57E-5D76-4213-A49C-1EB05D753E64.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 31B9A225-42DC-45D8-A399-A781D5362371.png
    31B9A225-42DC-45D8-A399-A781D5362371.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 13

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
K…. I’ll start over.

My torts name is Sally.
She is 23yrs old
She mainly eats grass but has mustard greens , dandelions and sometimes green leaf lettuces.
She is free range outside with monitoring and is allowed inside with side by side monitoring otherwise she will rip the walls down. She is a medium sized bulldozer.
If she wants past you, you’d better move your toes! Or she will step soooo hard on them you’ll feel like they BLEW OFF OF YOUR FEET!!!! (Experienced).

Now.. Gary on the other hand, seems he likes to pay attention to the rules a little bit better. Maybe because he knows these are the hands that feed..

On that note….. oh I am soooo disgusted that the other letter I wrote you got deleted
????

The first and last pictures are her
“Marlene Dietrich” photos. ??
(I think that’s who it was?)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Attachments

• 7194A12E-B347-4757-8A67-0FF9D47FDF2E.png
    7194A12E-B347-4757-8A67-0FF9D47FDF2E.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 97D2BB57-DEF8-49B3-BAF9-6ABF6CE69F04.png
    97D2BB57-DEF8-49B3-BAF9-6ABF6CE69F04.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 1D4141EF-717D-48D2-8FAC-8A1F3906841F.png
    1D4141EF-717D-48D2-8FAC-8A1F3906841F.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 9273EB0D-E03E-4DC4-A74D-C1D5D1890547.png
    9273EB0D-E03E-4DC4-A74D-C1D5D1890547.png
    204 KB · Views: 8
  • 5A9CD840-ED17-4D37-8EEF-F4E8FABDDBA6.png
    5A9CD840-ED17-4D37-8EEF-F4E8FABDDBA6.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 9
  • A87FD193-960D-421D-A143-703D248E25F3.png
    A87FD193-960D-421D-A143-703D248E25F3.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 6344692E-BBD2-4AFD-A154-0CA7D51D08F0.png
    6344692E-BBD2-4AFD-A154-0CA7D51D08F0.png
    377.2 KB · Views: 12
  • FD4A6883-5BE6-4BA8-B076-89567EE95651.png
    FD4A6883-5BE6-4BA8-B076-89567EE95651.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 10

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Hello Krista S! Thank you for the welcome! I love this site already. I would love to share pictures of my pups... ? here is one of my Taco and his Labrador, Cherry Banana. Also, Taco as a masseuse! Cherry won a spot in the Humane Society of Tampa 2022 calendar. We are very excited about that! And I included a picture of my Hank!

What kind of tortoise do you have? Will share a picture?

Chefdenoel, please share a picture of Gary!

Ooh!!! HOOOOWWWW CUUUTE!!!!! ?
I love them ALL!!
But Cherry Banana has my heart!
I want to give her a raspberry on that leg hanging off the couch! ?
Congratulations on the win for the calendar.
She SHOULD be in a calendar!!
Nice going Cherry Baby! ❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

View attachment 331754
View attachment 331755

Gorgeous as usual! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

View attachment 331759
View attachment 331758

THAT IS NICER THAN MY WHOLE BEDROOM!!!! Wow! No wonder he is so happy!

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
And now Gary… don don DOON!! ?
Sorry you lost your whole big post! That sucks, because I know how much effort you put into your posts and they always make me smile. Thanks for also including the Gary pics. When I see the pictures of Sally and Gary together I still can’t help but think of “When Gary met Sally” ??. The picture of Gary on Sally’s head melts my heart, it’s so cute ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sorry you lost your whole big post! That sucks, because I know how much effort you put into your posts and they always make me smile. Thanks for also including the Gary pics. When I see the pictures of Sally and Gary together I still can’t help but think of “When Gary met Sally” ??. The picture of Gary on Sally’s head melts my heart, it’s so cute ?

Thank you!
But…. In all honesty….
That was DUMB!
What if she ate him!!?!?!?!!??
I took him RIGHT OFF as soon as the picture was taken! I swear!!
It was a little funny because he stuck himself to her head and at first I COULDNT get him off! ??
I didn’t want to pull him for fear I might hurt HIM. ….
Lesson learned…
don’t put Gary on head of Sally… Got it. ?

Casie A

Riverview
Thank you! Yes please do copy whatever you want. That’s exactly why she share these things and our experiences on the forum. There’s a mix of real and fake plants in his enclosure. The spider plant and pothos are real and the rest is fake. I have more plants that are in quarantine right now that will be added into the enclosure in the near future. I have turtle vine, aloe Vera and another spider plant waiting in the wings. I also took some cuttings from my pothos a few weeks back to start another plant. You can’t put plants in the enclosure that were just purchased from a green house or Home Depot, etc because they’re almost always treated with chemicals and pesticides. When I do buy store bought plants, I remove as much of the soil as I can that they came with and re-pot them. I then usually grow out plants for a year before Dozer sees them to make sure all of the chemicals are gone. This is actually why he hasn’t tried roses yet. I’d love for him to try, but our growing season here is so short and I haven’t found anything that’s not treated with chemicals yet. I had a rose bush I planted last summer hoping it would be ready for Dozer this year, but it didn’t survive our harsh winter.

Anyhow, as the plants I’ve been growing out are ready for Dozer’s enclosure, they will replace the fake plants. Some people say their torts try to eat fake plants, but I haven’t had this issue. I buy silk plants/leaves and he seems to know the difference. The fern picks I have at ground level through his enclosure are fake and are one of his favourites. He loved hauling them around the enclosure and taking naps under them. I also bought some neat little clips I’m going to use to start stringing one of the pothos plants around the inside perimeter of his enclosure too. I think it’ll look kind of cool.
Thank you again for all the information! I agree, that will look very nice!

We are in Florida, so the heat kills a lot of my new plants. My county is in a water conservation period so I can't water as much at I would like. I do have a lot of already potted plants. I will check them.

Casie A

Riverview
K…. I’ll start over.

My torts name is Sally.
She is 23yrs old

????

Sally is BEAUTIFUL! What great eyes! She is amazing. Well she get any bigger?