Our new baby, Ducky T.

Casie A

Location (City and/or State)
Riverview
Ok… enough about me…
Back to YOUR thread!
How’s it going??
❤️
I love hearing about and seeing other tortoises! It has been very enlightening. I never knew tortoises were so full of personality. ?

I am sorry you lost your story, I would have loved to hear it. I have had that happen; it is aggravating. ☹

It's great! Ducky finally pooped! So I can stop worrying about that. We are working on enclosure for her, and thankfully, Krista shared her beautiful one.

On a side note, I don't know how to "love" a post, or "haha." Can you tell me how to do that? ?

Casie A

Riverview
Ooh!!! HOOOOWWWW CUUUTE!!!!! ?
I love them ALL!!
But Cherry Banana has my heart!
I want to give her a raspberry on that leg hanging off the couch! ?
Congratulations on the win for the calendar.
She SHOULD be in a calendar!!
Nice going Cherry Baby! ❤️
Thank you! She is the first bigger dog I've had. What an amazing difference! She has
Ooh!!! HOOOOWWWW CUUUTE!!!!! ?
I love them ALL!!
But Cherry Banana has my heart!
I want to give her a raspberry on that leg hanging off the couch! ?
Congratulations on the win for the calendar.
She SHOULD be in a calendar!!
Nice going Cherry Baby! ❤️
Thank you! She is the first bigger dog i've had, and what a difference! She is 2 years old and has hip dysplasia. She gets monthly injections and is on a daily pain management regimen. But she loves chasing the little ones! Here is her entry picture for the contest! She got 7th place.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201112-120649_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20201112-120649_One UI Home.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 9

Casie A

Riverview
Sorry you lost your whole big post! That sucks, because I know how much effort you put into your posts and they always make me smile. Thanks for also including the Gary pics. When I see the pictures of Sally and Gary together I still can’t help but think of “When Gary met Sally” ??. The picture of Gary on Sally’s head melts my heart, it’s so cute ?
?? when Gary met Sally.... lol...

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I love hearing about and seeing other tortoises! It has been very enlightening. I never knew tortoises were so full of personality. ?

I am sorry you lost your story, I would have loved to hear it. I have had that happen; it is aggravating. ☹

It's great! Ducky finally pooped! So I can stop worrying about that. We are working on enclosure for her, and thankfully, Krista shared her beautiful one.

On a side note, I don't know how to "love" a post, or "haha." Can you tell me how to do that? ?
If you’re accessing the forum from a touch screen, like your phone or an iPad, you press and hold the like button for an extra second longer and you’ll get a little pop up with different options. It’ll look like the image I have below, and you can just touch the one you want to use. ?

7847CF7E-D01A-40F7-9556-81FF238C5AD9.jpeg

Casie A

Riverview
If you’re accessing the forum from a touch screen, like your phone or an iPad, you press and hold the like button for an extra second longer and you’ll get a little pop up with different options. It’ll look like the image I have below, and you can just touch the one you want to use. ?

View attachment 331837
OMG!! Thank you! Hehehe... never thought of that! You are awesome!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Yes my dear..
Here is how to “like or dislike” a post.
Where you are typing, in the lower right hand corner of your screen (if your on a phone)
There should be a “thumbs up/like” button.
If you push on it it will give you a choice of many different reactions. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thank you! She is the first bigger dog I've had. What an amazing difference! She has

Thank you! She is the first bigger dog i've had, and what a difference! She is 2 years old and has hip dysplasia. She gets monthly injections and is on a daily pain management regimen. But she loves chasing the little ones! Here is her entry picture for the contest! She got 7th place.

Ohhhh!!! How adorable is she?!?!?!
Congrats!
7th place not too shabby!
Did she get any treats for doing the job?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

View attachment 331837

Krista, looks like you beat me to it.
I just wrote a whole long explanation about the “like button”. ?

Yours is WAAAAAYYYYYY BETTER!!! ?

Casie A

Riverview
Ohhhh!!! How adorable is she?!?!?!
Congrats!
7th place not too shabby!
Did she get any treats for doing the job?
She gets a professional photo shoot, scheduled for next month for her picture on a month in the 2022 calendar. We got gift certificates for a nice local restaurant. The whole contest raised about $41k for the Humane society, which was the real goal. It was fun though, raising that money (each vote was $1).

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
she will too!!! A female Sulcata in captivity could be pushing 150+ lbs...now stop interrupting the Daytona...

Sorry Maggie!!!
I saw that Daytona was on and IMMEDIATELY thought of you!
Who won??
I heard Sulcata females only grow to be 80lbs? And no bigger than what I have?

PLEEEEEAAASSSEEEEE do NOT tell me that she can get any bigger??????
MY BACK!!!
Oh… the pain!!
Holy crosses!!! I couldn’t take that!!! ???‍???

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sorry Maggie!!!
I saw that Daytona was on and IMMEDIATELY thought of you!
Who won??
I heard Sulcata females only grow to be 80lbs? And no bigger than what I have?

PLEEEEEAAASSSEEEEE do NOT tell me that she can get any bigger??????
MY BACK!!!
Oh… the pain!!
Holy crosses!!! I couldn’t take that!!! ???‍???
She "should" get bigger...lol!!!

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
@Chefdenoel10 maybe you’ll need to get one of those lifts like they have in care homes to transfer people from spot to spot ? I can’t even imagine having to move a big tortoise like that. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that Sally doesn’t grow to be the size of Dozer’s new enclosure.?

Sorry @Casie A we’ve really hijacked your thread. How is The Vampire Ducky doing today? Any cute new pictures to share?

Casie A

Riverview
@Chefdenoel10 maybe you’ll need to get one of those lifts like they have in care homes to transfer people from spot to spot ? I can’t even imagine having to move a big tortoise like that. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that Sally doesn’t grow to be the size of Dozer’s new enclosure.?

Sorry @Casie A we’ve really hijacked your thread. How is The Vampire Ducky doing today? Any cute new pictures to share?
No worries, Krista! I am enjoying the interactions. ?

The Vampire Ducky is doing very well! We just bought a bunk bed for her and I am going to convert the top bunk to a habitat for her! Anyone want to come help? ? She had some clover for the first time yesterday. Was very enthusiastic about eating, then came in and promptly fell asleep!

How are Dozer, Sally and Gary? I've shown my family their pictures. Now, we want one of each... ?

Attachments

• Resized_20210817_135132.jpeg
    Resized_20210817_135132.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 10

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Awww sleeping Ducky is adorable!! My tortoise rarely ever stays asleep long enough for me to get cute pictures like this. He wakes up the second I poke my head into his bedroom, no matter how quiet I am. Today is Mazuri day for Dozer and he is currently in what I call a Mazuri coma. I had to settle for a screenshot from his camera, because he would have woken up if I went in his room.

591CEC27-F59F-434E-82D7-BDCB845BD666.png

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
No worries, Krista! I am enjoying the interactions. ?

The Vampire Ducky is doing very well! We just bought a bunk bed for her and I am going to convert the top bunk to a habitat for her! Anyone want to come help? ? She had some clover for the first time yesterday. Was very enthusiastic about eating, then came in and promptly fell asleep!

How are Dozer, Sally and Gary? I've shown my family their pictures. Now, we want one of each... ?

Hoooow cccuuuuutttteeeeee!!!!!!! ?
What a sound sleeper!
No snoring?
?