Ophelia has come home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
That's cool Amanda. I am doing that so I hope she won't need anymore trims. I had just heard that sometimes it ends up being a lifelong thing, I am hoping not cause she was pretty unhappy for a few days after the fact. Have a great day! :)

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
Poor girl; I hope her beak stays worn down on its own. Best of luck with her. I'm sure she'll be a happy spoiled tort now! :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Amanda1 said:
Poor girl; I hope her beak stays worn down on its own. Best of luck with her. I'm sure she'll be a happy spoiled tort now! :D
Haha!! You got that right, maybe not as spoiled as my boy Cooper, but coming in a very close 2nd! Lol! Thanks!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Oh, I just saw this post! Whoops.
I agree with Amanda1, once you get them trimmed, you usually don't have to do it again if they nibble on cuttlebone and you feed them on slate.
I think one experienced member (Dmmj) throws in a piece of whole carrot once a month for them to gnaw on, which helps.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
lynnedit said:
Oh, I just saw this post! Whoops.
I agree with Amanda1, once you get them trimmed, you usually don't have to do it again if they nibble on cuttlebone and you feed them on slate.
I think one experienced member (Dmmj) throws in a piece of whole carrot once a month for them to gnaw on, which helps.

Thanks Lynne, I got her some carrots and a terra cotta dish, could be spelled wrong. She likes to gnaw on the edge of the dish for some reason, maybe cause its new. Have a great day! :D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
She likes to gnaw on the edge of the dish for some reason,

She is a Russian....watch out, she may be planning a break out....LOL :D:p

she is sharpening her beak.....I would watch out for Cooper being in cahoots with her.....she is a cutie :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I think she likes a razor sharp beak! Lol! I can't wait to be able to intoroduce the kids, gotta wait till her parasite problem is gone, taking no chances. I'm wondering how they will react once they can walk on the floor together? Have a great day Angela!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.