Oops!

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Congrats!

I hope Spud doesn't get jealous...new siblings and all...;)

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
One thing that did concern me was that there were a couple of TINY bugs running on his shell. I have heard about bugs in substrates so do you think this could be the case?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
One thing that did concern me was that there were a couple of TINY bugs running on his shell. I have heard about bugs in substrates so do you think this could be the case?
What colour were they. I've had tiny white bugs in most of my substrates from day 1. Well actually about day 14. Lol. They do no harm what so ever. They seem to congregate under the food plate most, so um assuming they are eating food scraps within the substrate. All you can do is change water and food everyday, take out all old food you can find and any poop you see. Job done.
At the moment after 4wks I still don't see any in my hingeback hatchlings. Got to be either way to damp, woodlice are eating them or they have just not arrived yet. We will see
Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about.
I would Bathe your tort before you put him in your new enclosure, wash any rubbish off of him, poop, bugs.
What time you getting him?

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
What colour were they. I've had tiny white bugs in most of my substrates from day 1. Well actually about day 14. Lol. They do no harm what so ever. They seem to congregate under the food plate most, so um assuming they are eating food scraps within the substrate. All you can do is change water and food everyday, take out all old food you can find and any poop you see. Job done.
At the moment after 4wks I still don't see any in my hingeback hatchlings. Got to be either way to damp, woodlice are eating them or they have just not arrived yet. We will see
Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about.
I would Bathe your tort before you put him in your new enclosure, wash any rubbish off of him, poop, bugs.
What time you getting him?
The shop opens at 10. But I think we might be going to the beach first. I will get some moss and he will go on peat for now. The bugs were white and I saw a couple on his shell, I assume that these are substrate bugs?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
The shop opens at 10. But I think we might be going to the beach first. I will get some moss and he will go on peat for now. The bugs were white and I saw a couple on his shell, I assume that these are substrate bugs?
I just read up, and the bugs prefer it damp, so maybe my woodlice(pillbugs) are keeping them down or they haven't established yet in my new 4wk old set up.
Beach:mad: , you lucky person, where do you live?

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I just read up, and the bugs prefer it damp, so maybe my woodlice(pillbugs) are keeping them down or they haven't established yet in my new 4wk old set up.
Beach:mad: , you lucky person, where do you live?
In England. It's cold and windy but we love going for a stroll on the beach :p