OMG! Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

So I set the sprinkler in Bob's pen about 2 pm. It's been really hot here and so I set the sprinkler for him to cool off. I went in the house and made my lunch, which because I have been really sick the food made me sick so I laid down. I slept until 6 Pm and the cat woke me up jumping on the couch so she could reach the meat on my plate. What a long nap. So I go out to check on Bob and this is the first thing I see...
This is his Weeping Larch in the middle of his pen...so I start thinking things are not right...

2wc2yph.jpg

Then I notice the grass is dry, so my eyes follow the hose and ... OMG! The sprinkler is in Bob's shed! Oh crap!!!
That picture does not look like it but there is about 2 maybe 3 inches of water in his shed. The floor leans in away from the door because of the weight of his sleeping box so seriously the floor has 2 or 3 solid inches of water on it. His hay is soaked (thanks Bob) and his food is floating around. Water was dripping off his 250 watt basking bulb, thank God it didn't blow or short out. It was dripping from the cover. This is another shot of how it looks. The water was just starting to go into his sleeping box...
5aq39u.jpg

Here's my foot in the shed...

inxx5i.jpg

I really should have sold him the last time he did something remember? I forget what it was but I put him up for sale then, the jerk.
This is what his yard looks like...look at him off in the distance...he looks so smug, so freakin smug. He is so satisfied at his destruction. He must have gotten caught up in the hose and just drug the sprinkler into his shed when he went in to eat.
3093odl.jpg

So I swept and swept and swept that water out his doggie door. I swept for about 30 minutes, then I got the mop and used that to mop the floor to get it clean. Then here he comes, Mr. Nosy gonna look and see whats going on in his shed...
2ls8ac8.jpg

So now here he is after knocking over my mop, sniffing the water to see what it was. He walked all around his shed sniffing at wet stuff and generally just looking at the damage he caused. I just plain ole cannot believe the intelligence this guy has. He knows just what he did and he's proud of it! I took pix of him walking around and checking out the damage but I won't post them cuz it just looks like he's walking around. But he's sniffed at the pile of wet hay and he sort of climbed on it checking it out. Now he's checking out this puddle...
5v9oiw.jpg

Now that he's checked out all the damage guess what he does??? He goes to bed. Smug and satisfied and proud of the damage he's done so he goes to bed and leaves me to finish cleaning up his mess.
He shows so much emotion and I swear he's smug and proud of what he did and that made him tired so he went to bed.
This is all the hay I could save. This picture shows you how high the water was. You can see the water mark on the wall by the hay. And you can see Mr. Smug in bed proud of what he did. Smug and proud, satisfied and tired. So off to bed he goes...
2pz9wmg.jpg

King Robert III goes to bed while his servant cleans up the mess he leaves. I hope you have enjoyed seeing Bob again and hearing about how he spent his summer...Oh BTW...he's for sale again...:D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
Blaaaahaaaaaa hahahah hhahahahahaahaaaa OMG!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahah, I think I just peed my pants!!! blahhahahahaha hahahahahaah

Sold, Mary Anne will take King Bob in a second!!!

I LOVE BOB!!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
He just wanted a jacuzzi,and you had to go ruin his plans.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What would you do with out Bob?

Oh yeah..., you'd live a relaxing, stress free life... :D

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

Rosiek15

5 Year Member
Philly
HAHAHA thats probably the funniest thing i saw/read all day the doggie door is the best part for me i think its adorable!

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oh boy! Makes me wish I had read about Bob before we got our OP. He is little now but.... what if turns out like Bob?!?!?!?!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
He was tired of the water soaking in the ground so he figured he could save some it he put the water in his house...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Not to take anything away from Maggie's story, but my sulcata, out of all the types of tortoise that I have, is the only one who gets caught up in the hose like that. I don't have built-in sprinklers and have to water all my pens with hose and sprinkler. All the sprinklers stay where I put them, even in the Aldab and Manourin pens, except for the one in Dudley's pen. I can always count on that sprinkler getting dragged all over Dudley's pen. He even bent the copper pipe at the hose bib.

Sulcatas don't ever back up to get out of trouble. They just keep on going forward, bulldozing whatever is in their way. I can see that Bob is a full-time job. No more naps for you, missy.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I'm sorry you had to find that.. but I can't help but laugh!! Holy cow!! hahahahahahahaaa!!! Thanks for sharing all these great photos with us!!! :D

M

Maggie Cummings

SulcataSquirt said:
I'm sorry you had to find that.. but I can't help but laugh!! Holy cow!! hahahahahahahaaa!!! Thanks for sharing all these great photos with us!!! :D

If you think that's something, you should do a search on Bob and read up on my adventures with him. This is the LEAST of what he's done. Bob is quite famous on this forum, I used to write about him a lot. I am glad you enjoyed my little story

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Oh my goodness Maggie. King Robert is hilarious. Sorry this happened whole you're not feeling good though. :(

Maybe he thought that maid was not doing well enough at her cleaning duties and was trying to help? Summer cleaning? I hear flood-cleaning is all the rage these days. ;D

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Too funny! Maybe My Bob (husband) is right about getting Franklin T. a Plastic Shed. I guess I should put a ground fault in as well.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
maggie3fan said:
SulcataSquirt said:

If you think that's something, you should do a search on Bob and read up on my adventures with him. This is the LEAST of what he's done. Bob is quite famous on this forum, I used to write about him a lot. I am glad you enjoyed my little story

We used to read quite a bit about Bob before we became forum members. Haha can't wait till ours is that big, I'll have to remember NO NAPS! Weren't you going to sell Bob last time for wrecking his pool?? Hahaha

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I can't even believe the pics!! Poor you that is a lot of work!!!

Villy

5 Year Member
SE Mi
I feel bad for you, but that was hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.