Off Topic

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I haven't been on T/F lately. I have just been busy. My torts are all great and enjoying the Cali sun shine, even in February. I moved almost 2 years ago and the now have a safe, large outside pen plus get the run of the yard a few days a week. Anyway so all is good here. I didn't notice any new post from several moderators and members ( Yvonne, Kathy, Maggie, Angela and I am sure more) Are the okay? Please chime in and let me know you are okay guys.

Thanks!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Angi,
Welcome home!!!! Yvonne is still here. Maggie not really anymore. I spoke with her a week or so ago and all is fine in her neck of the woods too. Bounce over to the “new" chat, and check in. You'll see your old friends as well as some new ones.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
***Yvonne jumps up and down, waving both arms above her head, shouting, "I'm here!!! I'm here!!!***

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Angela (ascott) is alive and well giving out her usual good advise. Kathy is here still, atleast the one I am thinking of.Problem is we are getting so many multiples with the same call name it gets hard to know just whom your talking about. Thank goodness only one person can have a user name in here. :rolleyes: :D

So where are the pictures of the new enclosures?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I have never been able to get pix on here. I was thinking I had a great tort pen, until I got back on here LOL. You guys do some amazing stuff. It is a 16' X 8" area with an orange tree in the middle. The previous home owner kept it clean (other plant free) It is a spot where a west and north house wall meet and I built a south and east wall with cinder block. My mom and I ( she lives with us) have added other random tort friendly plants and wild straggly grass has started growing. We have a cool hide ( top of a plastic dog house directly on the dirt) and a warm hide ( a plastic heavy duty deck box with a hole cut in it and a heat lamp). We have a spot that is only one block high that we block, but open a couple times a weeks so they can roam most of the yard. It has a ramp for the torts to climb up and down. It is actually very nice and functional, just not a pretty as some of the pens I see on here. We also still have a heated tort table in the garage for when the weather gets bad, but this year they have only had to use it once.

BTW I am so glad you guys are still here :)!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thanks for the shout out Jacqui :D I am present...

Hey Angi!!!!!!!! How the hell are you? Glad to see you pop back in town :p

The space you describe sounds wonderful indeed....I can not imagine why you can not post some pics *scratching her head*...???

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am good. I am working as a tour hostess and one of my tours is Temecula wine vineyards. It is hard seeing all the grape leaves and not taking them ;). I will have to find a polite way to ask for leaves without sounding like a crazy person this spring and summer LOL. I also worked security for all the home charger games and a few other fun events. So I have been busy.

I like where I live now. It was hard to leave Ramona but I really like La Mesa and being so close to everything. Another hard thing was finding a house that had everything we needed. Room for my mom, a private area for my 19 year old, a place for my torts and dogs and a swimming pool. TO get all that we settled on an older house that needs some work. I am not in to the show place house thing anyway so it is all good.

Angela I don't know why I can't post pix here. I guess the tiny picture app is just not something I understand. I spent hours trying to do it and got it once but couldn't figure out how I did it after the fact.

Anyway It is good to be back on here

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Ya, I tried pocket photo. I just couldn't figure it out. I am not much of a computer wiz.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Me either. :( Are you trying to do pictures from a phone or a camera?