O.K. Danny give it your best shot...and everyone else too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Danny said that he might be able to tell the sex of Ruby and Eddie at their young ages so here's some pictures. I do believe though that I already suspect what their sex is but we'll see. Now Ruby had some shell rot, but that's been taken care of and she's looking better now.

This is Ruby she is around 17 months old now.

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

This is Eddie...he is around 11 months old now. I have no doubt that Eddie is a boy. I've just always felt this way about him. He has a male's personality and his tail is very big.

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

Now I'm thinking that I have two males here, but am so hoping that Ruby is not a Rudy. :D

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
In my opinion, I believe Ruby is a "he", and Eddie is a "she". Still way to early to tell for sure.

-Matt

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
matt41gb said:
In my opinion, I believe Ruby is a "he", and Eddie is a "she". Still way to early to tell for sure.

-Matt

Matt ..... Iam going to have to agree with you on this one! :D
and yes .. still early for "exact".
JD~:)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I will also have to agree with Matt and JD :)

Ruby---Male
Eddie--Female

Danny

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I would have never guessed that one. I guess if it turns out to be true then I'll just have to switch their names. :D :p I'm going to guess right now that they are both males. :D :p I would just love it if one of them was a girl though it would be nice. ;) Thanks everyone for your help. Anyone else?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I figured if Ruby ends up a male then I would just call her Rudy, but who knows what I would call Eddie if he ended up to be female.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Candy said:
I figured if Ruby ends up a male then I would just call her Rudy, but who knows what I would call Eddie if he ended up to be female.

How abouth ... EDITH'
(female) From an Old English female personal name derived from ēad ‘prosperity, riches’ + gӯð ‘strife’. This was borne by a daughter (961–984) of Edgar the Peaceful. (She was named in accordance with the common Old English practice of repeating name elements within a family.) She spent her short life in a convent, and is regarded as a saint.

JD~ :)

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
I would be concerned that Ruby appears to be missing her head :p

Other than that, the only thing I can contribute is that you have two tortoises!

Frank

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have some female cherryheads with quite long tails, what is most important is where the cloaca is located, I would not be surprised if they were both girls. It is still a little early to tell though.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That's true Matt and Jd I could switch both these names kind of easily huh?

Frank I never noticed that until you posted. I was laughing at your post. :D

Douglas that would be great if they were two females. I would be thrilled and so would Dale. :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.