Not sure if this is good or bad. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
You all know about my big dumerils boy now, he's been sick since I got him with a respiratory infection, he's been through 2 rounds of baytril. After the first 2 doses he stopped his constant soaking, and he no longer has excess mucus in his mouth. It was never very bad, he blew a few bubbles on his chin once or twice but that's all gone. This is where I'm confused. He's still wheezing and whistling, I noticed he always had dried "boogers" in his nose. I bought a ZooMed Repti Fogger and treat him with that several times a day, now it seems his mucus is coming out, no more dried boogers, just a little clear stuff. I always read that dumerils should not have much humidity. It used to stay probably somewhere around 50, now I bump it up with the fogger as high as 80. My question is, Is the humidity a good thing? Could it be loosening up all that congestion and letting him sneeze it out? Or is it making it worse? I just checked his mouth last night and it was clean and clear. But his nose is runny. Another thing, He doesn't seem to be sleeping with his head straight up the side of the glass today. And today is when I first noticed the runny nose, I just got the fogger yesterday. So what ever changes it is causing, it's pretty drastic. I've read that when they sleep with their heads up like that it's to help them drain the mucus so they can breathe. He seems to like it, as soon as I turn it on he slides right up to it and sticks his head in the stream of fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.