And back to the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
So my big boy Dumerils is still sick. There is quite a bit of improvement from last time but he's still wheezy, and despite the fact that he hasn't eaten for me yet, he has gained a little weight. Must be hydration, remember he would soak all day every day, he doesn't anymore. He's quite a bit more active too. Back on baytril every other day by mouth for 10 days. I hate stressing him out like this, I'm glad he's such a good natured sweety. I just wish he didn't have to start his life out with me like this. I contacted the dealer I got him from, I could ask for compensation, But he is my responsibility and you should always be prepared for events like this. He's mine now and I'm the one responsible for him.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
ascott said:
Well...good job..good wishes and good luck..hoping for a full recovery to him..:D
Thanks, I do appreciate it. I'm just so worried about him, my vet assures me we're on the road to recovery and I shouldn't worry so much. Easier said than done. I just love him to pieces, he doesn't really care for being touched but in his terrarium he's such a character, he literally comes to the door to see me, he watches everything, I'll usually cover his tank with a blanket to help him feel more secure but he always finds the spot that's not covered and peeps out.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
dmarcus said:
Hope he gets better soon, that has to be a bit stressful...

Yeah, he gets a little bit vocal but for the most part he sits still and lets me do it. Thank you for wishing him well. This is the second round of antibiotics so maybe this will knock the rest of it out... I sure hope so. :(

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Is he still in the big exo-terra glass terrarium? You may want to consider covering up the top more, retaining more humidity. Also what's the air circulation in the room like? I had one of my ratsnakes battle a URI and when I moved the cage into a part of the room where the air moved a little more, it cleared up quickly.

Dead, dry, cool air is your enemy here. Moving, moist, warm air is your friend.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
StudentoftheReptile said:
Is he still in the big exo-terra glass terrarium? You may want to consider covering up the top more, retaining more humidity. Also what's the air circulation in the room like? I had one of my ratsnakes battle a URI and when I moved the cage into a part of the room where the air moved a little more, it cleared up quickly.

Dead, dry, cool air is your enemy here. Moving, moist, warm air is your friend.

Yeah he's still in it, I cover up about 75 percent of it with a blanket most of the time, Occasionally I give him steam treatments too. Vet said I'm doing things good, he is getting better. It's been a long day and I'm lazy but I think I got the whole, fresh air and warm moist thing balanced out for the most part. I do need to get him a hygrometer though.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Weda737 said:
Yeah he's still in it, I cover up about 75 percent of it with a blanket most of the time, Occasionally I give him steam treatments too. Vet said I'm doing things good, he is getting better. It's been a long day and I'm lazy but I think I got the whole, fresh air and warm moist thing balanced out for the most part. I do need to get him a hygrometer though.

I got one on amazon for about $20 . It's a digital hygrometer and thermometer . Better price then the pet store that's for sure !

Status
Not open for further replies.