Not seeing much poop from RF

MrK_WMS

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I have had my RF for over a week now. When I first got it from the previous owner, I was seeing some poop in the enclosure. But over the past 4-5 days I have not found any. It seems to be eating well, some days it eats more than others. Kale, turnip greens, collard greens, and a few pieces of tomato (only once so far). I have definitely upped the humidity from the previous owner, and tried to give it a better diet. Is it possible it is just burying it or am I just not seeing it? It doesn't poop during soaks either.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
First line of questions is what are your temps and humidity, also please show us pictures of your enclosure and what are you using for lighting and for heat. Also tomatoes should be fed rarely.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Things my RF like are.
Arugula
Dandelion greens
Mustard greens
Radicchio
Sprouts
Squash
Sweet potato
Collard greens
Mushrooms
Strawberries
Mango
Blueberries (rarely fed)
Cucumber
Bell peppers
Super worms
Chicken
MAZURI pellets
Various variety of dried goodies from Kapidolo farms to improve the store bought greens.
The list is still growing but some of the approved foods the tort doesn't like yet

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Things my RF like are.
Arugula
Dandelion greens
Mustard greens
Radicchio
Sprouts
Squash
Sweet potato
Collard greens
Mushrooms
Strawberries
Mango
Blueberries (rarely fed)
Cucumber
Bell peppers
Super worms
Chicken
MAZURI pellets
Various variety of dried goodies from Kapidolo farms to improve the store bought greens.
The list is still growing but some of the approved foods the tort doesn't like yet
Almost any fresh, unprocessed foods that you and your family eat, they can eat. Including meat protein and a diet of up to 60% fruit is fine.
There are probably at least 4 suitable things right now in your refrigerator, on your kitchen counter, or growing in your yard. Mix it up.
Redfoot have a gigantic menu of food options.
What is the humidity.?
What is the temperature?
He needs it at least 80° for good digestion. But never hotter than 90 for long.
Also, what is your lighting, uvb and heating?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hibiscus flowers and leaves, pumpkin vine flowers and leaves, opuntia cactus

MrK_WMS

Indiana
RF can eat so much more and better diet than you listed
@ZEROPILOT can give you the best info on foods.
Yes. Like I said I have only had him for a week. I didn’t want to go buy everything he could possibly eat at once, so that was just this last week. The previous owner basically just gave it tortoise pellets all the time so I didn’t want to totally shock its system either.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Things my RF like are.
Arugula
Dandelion greens
Mustard greens
Radicchio
Sprouts
Squash
Sweet potato
Collard greens
Mushrooms
Strawberries
Mango
Blueberries (rarely fed)
Cucumber
Bell peppers
Super worms
Chicken
MAZURI pellets
I got my Redfoot from William at Kapidolo farms. This little tortoise eats anything, from raw mushrooms to hard boiled eggs. He grazes on Spring Mix daily and to date he has not left any part of any meal. He's only been at your house for a week. That is not enuf time for him to get used to a new environment. Remember...you have changed his whole world. Give him time...