2 different RFs, 2 different types of poop

Beep-Beep

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
Howdy All,

I have 2 juvenile RFs, acquired a month and a half ago.
They live outdoor under good sub-tropical conditions (we live in Hong Kong) and I feed them an assortment of kale, local fruits (papaya, mangoes, dragon fruit, longyan...), some greens such as mixed lettuce, a bit of zucchini now and then, and of course hibiscus flowers and leaves.
Although they both enthusiastically devour the same stuff, I recently noticed different types of poops during soaking time.

One RF poops cute and well-shaped. A bit like a short and fat dark maggot-shaped poop.
The other RF poops flaky-poop. Basically, the poop doesn't hold together.
Additional concern is that flaky-poop-tort is slowing down in growth. Now standing at 81gr while maggot-shaped-poop tort bulldozes her/his way ahead at 93gr.

I have not yet tested them for parasite. This was on the to-do-list last week but we got hit by 2 consecutive typhoons, and I got a tad lazy.

If it helps, I will gladly proceed with poop photo-shoot and upload pics tomorrow...
Any advise please ?

Cheers,
Beep-Beep

Beep-Beep

Hong Kong
-- Update & Correction --

Poop looked "flaky" (as in small thin pieces of leaves) in soaking water, it is not.
It is actually a classic diarrhea poop once observed on dry land... Basically one of my torts has the runs, the other does not, although they eat the same stuff.
No pic worth posting, but sample is going to a herp vet today.

US$ 70 for a sniff at the lab...
I bet the vet is building his 3rd vacation house on Bali Island:mad:

Cheers,
Beep-Beep

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
My turtle has diarrhea too. It. Means they have eaten a LOT of grasses. Try feeding more vegetables 1 a week or more if needed just no fruits.

Bee62

Germany
-- Update & Correction --

Poop looked "flaky" (as in small thin pieces of leaves) in soaking water, it is not.
It is actually a classic diarrhea poop once observed on dry land... Basically one of my torts has the runs, the other does not, although they eat the same stuff.
No pic worth posting, but sample is going to a herp vet today.

US$ 70 for a sniff at the lab...
I bet the vet is building his 3rd vacation house on Bali Island:mad:

Cheers,
Beep-Beep

You may feed them the same but do they eat the same ? Do you understand what I mean ? When one tort only eats fruits because the tort like them too much it will cause diarrhea. Mayby the other tort will eat less fruit and has a "good" poop.
Trying to fix this problem I would only feed greens, hibiskus flowers and leafs. No fruits, no vegetables and no other things for a week for both torts.
See how the poop of the one tort looks after the week.
I would also take a poop sample and let a VET see if there are parasites.

Bee62

Germany
My turtle has diarrhea too. It. Means they have eaten a LOT of grasses. Try feeding more vegetables 1 a week or more if needed just no fruits.

Torts don`t get diarrhea from eating gras, but from eating fruits and vegetables.
Your tort is a gras eater, a sulcata, no redfoot. These both are different species with different needs what they can eat.

Beep-Beep

Hong Kong
Thx All,
I did send poop samples (for both of them) to a herp vet. The "less-than-solid-poop grab" was a fantastic experience. I looked at the tort, the tort looked into my eyes. I think we connected...

Should I still cut down on fruits since these 2 fellas are RFs ? They usually get a rough 20% fruit in their plate. Everything else is kale, hibiscus, greens and such.

Cheers,
Beep-Beep

Beep-Beep

Hong Kong
Results came in...
Hookworms :-/

Medicine for both torts.
And, to spice things up a bit, medicine for my wife and I, the dog and the cat !

We certainly connected, that's darn sure !

Cheers anyway,
Beep-Beep

Bee62

Germany
Results came in...
Hookworms :-/

Medicine for both torts.
And, to spice things up a bit, medicine for my wife and I, the dog and the cat !

We certainly connected, that's darn sure !

Cheers anyway,
Beep-Beep

Better to have a ( bad ) result ( the hookworms ) than none.
I hope after the deworming the poop of the one tort is normal.
Good luck !