Nose bubbles???!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirt58

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I noticed when I took squirt out to give him his bath that he was wheezing a little and his one nostril was wet. I also noticed the on top of his eyes there was like a caked on crust. Any advice ?! He's in a 20 gln aquarium tank its 90 on the one side. He hides underneith his bridge and is on cypress bedding.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Take him to a Vet, and raise the temps a little, sounds like he might have an respiratory infection, but I'm not an expert, hopefully one of those will be along soon.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
There is a list of good vets on here, just do a search for "Vet" and you'll see a thread that lists them by state.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
What kind of tortoise and how old. I would check the humidity of his enclosure. Make sure vet has knowledge Of dealing with tortoises my experience has been for them to say low on vit. A and give them a shot when that could do more harm than good.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I agree with oscar. Do not allow the vet to give a vit. A injection. I also agree with making sure the humidity is correct for the species.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Sounds like your enclosure is too small. It needs to be bigger to allow a range of temps. You need more humidity and to take him to a vet if possible. He may have respitory infection.

Squirt58

5 Year Member
New York
He's just a baby maybe 5 months old so im keeping him in the aquarium to keep the humidity up it was about 65 before I left home and he's a sulcata.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Bump temps up...what are your temps? They should be...basking...100-105.....warm...90......cool..80....humidity..80%
Most of the time the reason they get a RI is because of temps falling and humidity. If you bump your temps, keep humidity up, also give warm soaks. Keep your baby warm. Things should be ok. If he is no longer eating. I would suggest baby food soaks. If you do take him to a vet. Make sure it is a qualified herp. Vet. Do not let them give a vit A injection. They give an overdose.

Squirt58

5 Year Member
New York
Well I made an apt with the vet I go to for my other animals and come to find out he is on the vet page here. So that's promising. He's still eating. I gave him a good warm soak he started blowing bubbles but once I took him out and dried him he stopped. I was wondering if the fact that his tank is lacking a uvb bulb could be anything to do with it. He just has a baskin bulb. His owner says she will get him one but hasnt. I'm about to get him one on my way out today even though ill be taking out about 100 dollars of my own cash. He's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.