Nose bubbles and white urates

ladysupaklown

Hello I am new to this forum and I have a problem with my baby sulcata. I'm not sure how old he is I got him about two months ago he's about two inches and at first he started urating white soft stuff when he pees usually when I soak him and sometimes when he walks around in his home. Then I also heard him sneeze it sounded like a little squeak and he had bubbles coming out of his nose and sometimes his eye would water. He is still very active and eats good but just this morning I soaked him and he urated white again but this time it was rock hard and I'm really worried.I want to take him to a vet but I dont know of a vet that would take tortoises where I live. I live In montebello California.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1445100743.861950.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1445100828.628532.jpg

ladysupaklown

Basking temperature is about 95
Daytime air temperature is about 80 sometimes In the 70s
But at night I turn off all the lights I don't have a ceramic heating lamp.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Your sulcata is getting too cold. Hatchlings need consistent warmth - you need a night heat source to keep 80F as your low.

The hard urates suggest a hydration issue - are you doing regular soaks?

ladysupaklown

I was thinking the same, thank you so much! And I soak him once every other day is that fine or how often should I soak him?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Those are some pretty hard urates. I would be pretty worried about that. More hydration is in order, and a humid environment. For the time being, offer him a more moist diet - cucumber, aloe, canned pumpkin (not pie mix) - this should get a bit more liquid into him. And soak him daily for at least 15 minutes.