No more fake documentaries @ discovery

Hermes

Location (City and/or State)
Lake Butler, Fl
I just read a short article on Facebook that made me smile. I hope it's true, but it states that the new president of the discovery channel has said he won't air anymore fake documentaries in channel. So I hope this means more good programming but it could mean they will just do more reality TV (honey boo boo)... Well no matter what it is at least even if it's bad programming, at least they won't outright be spreading false information around.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/discovery-channel-promises-stop-lying-us

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
LOL, I love the term 'mockumentries'...
I've got to agree though! I watched a wolf documentary from them in the fall titled 'Man Eating Super Wolves' all about how wolves are terrible animals that will kill you the first chance they get... back to the 19th century, anyone? :(

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Worse than making/airing them is that people take them at face value. I think there was a Blair Witch 'documentary' on SciFi back in the day that made me forever wary of documentaries.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Worse than making/airing them is that people take them at face value. I think there was a Blair Witch 'documentary' on SciFi back in the day that made me forever wary of documentaries.

Was it this? :D

I love these thumbs.:<3:

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl

Well back in the day the discovery had a reputation and because their information was usually true a lot of people got used to taking their word for things and when they first introduced the early mockumentaries a lot of people refused to think they could lie to our faces in such a way, kind of like nobody ever thought mtv would air anything but music lol