Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I received this email from Sharon, the President of the OC chapter:

Hi Everyone.....I can't hold back my excitement any longer about our Live Turtle and Tortoise Show which is just a couple of weeks away! Sunday Aug. 18th at the La Habra Community Center in the City of La Habra. (Calif.)
Sorry for so many cross posting but want as many people to know about it as possible.
We will be about double the size and are allowing vendors this year as well. You can buy some tort friendly plants, handmade turtle crafts along with more educational & informational displays. And of course the animals...which is first and foremost!
And our Raffle? Well.....it's worth just coming for that if nothing else!! Here is a list of just some of what we have so far with more still coming in each day....
Edible Arrangements....Fountain Bowl....Cat MacGregor Photography....Anaheim Angels ...Discovery Science Center...Irvine Train Park...Knott's Berry Farm
Aquarium of the pacific...Pretend City....Santa Ana Zoo....San Diego Zoo....Six Flags Magic Mountain....Sea World
Along with a couple new ones just arriving yesterday. A gift basket with a $20.00 gift card included from Anaheim Feed plus....A Karate B-Day party for up to 40 guests which includes pizza, drinks, and karate instruction! There is something for everyone to try for! Just a buck a ticket or 6 for $5.00.
And the best thing? You do NOT have to be present to win! How awesome is that?
If it's a hot day, thirsty or you get hungry from all the excitement? Buy a freshly barbecued hot dog, an ice cold soda or water. Then for your sweet tooth? There are some awesome baked goods! Check out our "turtle cupcakes" for a laugh....
There will be NO selling of animals at this show. It is an Educational event and due to regulations of the Dept. of Fish and Wildlife no sales of live animals are permitted. BUT....we will have all the info and contacts for some great websites to get you the correct information on the care and keeping of particular species. Need a reptile vet? We have the info!
You will have one on one with members who keep turtles and tortoises to learn all about their personal experiences as well. Check out the turtles and tortoises at the show and see what may be right for your family? Rescue animals come in almost daily at one of our 14 chapters of the CTTC. They need qualified and knowledgeable homes!
This show is also the One and Only Fund Raiser the Orange County Chapter has to operate on for the entire year. We appreciate your support!
The CTTC is a ALL VOLUNTEER - Non-Profit 501 (c) (3) and all your donations are Tax Deductible!! We operate Strictly on Donations!
When you buy a hot dogs, soda/water, baked goods or raffle ticket etc... these are all donations and the money earned goes straight to the chapter for the care and operating of our chapters rescue and educational events.
Please note.....this does Not apply to "vendors".
So won't you please come see our Big and Small.....Beautiful or maybe a bit strange looking Turtles and Tortoises? Learn about our shelled friends and how you may be able to help?
It's a fun day for the entire family! We are wheelchair and stroller friendly.
Go to our chapters website for additional information. Don't forget to check out last years show pictures! See how we move the big guys and gals...a little behind the scenes tidbit of what we go through to prepare for such an event.
www.occhaptercttc.org
Thank you and hope you will join us! Stop by, say hi and introduce yourself.....always nice to put a face with an email name. Most likely you will find me cooking hot dogs!! LOL,,,,
Also....would love it if you would post on your FACEBOOK / social media page, other clubs/organizations ( scouts/ church/ home school / pre-school etc..) or family and friends to help spread the word!

Take care everyone and hope to see you soon!
Sharon
President - Orange County Chapter of the CTTC
Show Committee Member

--
"The Turtlenutz"....Tom and Sharon
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Orange County Chapter of - "The Calif. Turtle & Tortoise Club"
www.octortoisecttc.org
Adoptions, Rescues, Relinquishments, Care Information, Events, Meetings and MORE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
In Loving Memory of Walter Allen...Casa de Tortuga, Fountain Valley, Calif.
http://www.photoshow.com/watch/wx3nK2tD

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Helen did a great job putting that video together of casa de tortuga. I got my 2 elongated hatchlings from her for my mom, very nice lady. I will be at the show,,,,,,,looking forward to it

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I will have a table at this show. I'm presenting the hot and humid method for raising leopards. :D plus I have lots of TFO cards to pass out.

Any TFO members stop by and say hi!

Sent from my VS840 4G using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.