Newbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anya

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Hi Guys!

I'm a newbie tort keeper, my tort's name is Turt Lee. I know, the name is kinda silly, but it's an inside joke and it kinda stuck. :D

Turt is a redfooted tortoise living in the busy city of Makati in Metro Manila, Philippines. My husband and I live in a condo that doesn't have a balcony so we keep his tortoise table by the window to get as much sunlight as possible. We bring him to the park with us whenever we can and go on picnics with him often.

It never gets cold where we live (perks of living in a tropical country) but it does have a rainy season where the temperature drops to 20-25 degrees Celsius (Yes, that's our "winter"). Our usual daily temperature is 27-30 degrees Celsius and during the summer it can rise up to 36 degrees. :D

I have been browsing TFO as a guest since I got my redfoot (which was a month and a half ago) and it has been such a HUGE help considering torts are not popular pets in my country (I'm the only one I know who has one!).. I've decided to register so I can actually participate and share good practices and growth progress with fellow tort keepers.

I would appreciate any knowledge, advice and help you guys can share with me. :):tort:

I've attached this photo of Turt Lee when we were having a picnic at the park in the middle of the city. :rolleyes::tort::D

Attachments

• 421360_4898313850950_2020156274_n.jpg
    421360_4898313850950_2020156274_n.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 12

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Anya, and welcome to the Forum!