Newbie needing Enclosure Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

You can take him to the vet now if you want. But also now give him a nice warm soak, he will appreciate that. Babies hide and sleep a lot so expect that. I appreciate that you have done so much research, that gives him a better chance. I personally would have his basking temp closer to 100 degrees, not 90. keep his cool side at 75 or 80, keep babies warm and they have a better chance at living...

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
From looking at your pics it looks like your lamp dome has the plastic top, if this is the case you will want to get a ceramic one. The CHE and MVB can get very hot and you don't want to start a fire.

You can get them fairly cheap at Home Depot. I just found a few on Craigslist for $5.

Other than that, GREAT enclosure!! I did the same thing for a humid hide and my leopard loves it. Just give your little one time to adjust and I'm sure he/she will start exploring.

ctomaselli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Thanks Maggie and Tico for the great advice. I was just going to post the question about him burying himself and hiding. I was wondering if that was normal and whether or not he could breathe under all that cypress mulch. I guess he is fine and I need to stop worrying. I did go to home depot today and bought an acrylic sheet to cover half the enclosure. I also tried to buy the ceramic sockets for the lamp but they did not have any. I ordered 2 brooder lamps with the ceramic sockets the other day but I won't get them in until Thursday so I hope the one's I have now will work until then. All I know is I am exhausted. I feel like I just gave birth to a new baby.. Hopefully I will get a good night sleep without worrying. Thank you all for the wonderful advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.