New YFs

SouthernRFT

Good price on them for sure. I would like to see more pictures of them if you could. I am looking for big females myself and have had no luck finding any.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Alrighty. found them going through billions of old emails. These are what I got from the farm mine were produced from. There were a few more but I couldn't find those.

Now keep in mind that Peruvians aren't very tall. But none the less these are mammoths.
View attachment 148490
WWWWHHHHHAAATTT!??!?! Photoshopped LOL! That's crazy!!!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
They're definilty not mammoths by any means. But perhaps they grow semi slow and hit spurts into mature adulthood kinda like Manouria do. Slow steady not to say growth, and one day it's an oh wow "he got huge" factor. Who knows. So little in situ data on the Giants. You either offspring or mammoths. Haven't seen any in betweens. I've made contact with another keeper that got some from the same bunch that was imported in 2005. His are around same size. A couple are bigger. But they're wuite pyramided too. So hard to establish when and if these will get mammoth like the parents above. I sure hope so. Yellowfoots are a cool species. Even better if they're really large.

Here's some shots of them.
Female is the big one. She's around 17" or so. Laid many eggs this year. Found 2 nests inside I missed and one nest outside. All feel heavy except one. So fingers crossed they hatch. The smaller one is just a normal guyana import. She's cool too though.
View attachment 148785
The same guyana female in back. The male Peruvian is the one to the right. He's the alpha of the two. I had them scheduled to be scoped. Because they're very very difficult to sex. But both flashed me finally. This past year they have been expressing the "teenage" horn dog breeding and dominant like attitude. Both were 4"(6month olds) when imported October 2005. So seems about right for them to be expressing such behavior. I have photos throughout they're life and growth here with me. I'll have to pull them from the files along with the CITES paperwork too.
View attachment 148786
These look good Kelly.
In the yellowfoots natural habitat is it constantly wet or do they endure dry seasons too? If they do have you imitated the dry seasons when raising these beauties?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
These look good Kelly.
In the yellowfoots natural habitat is it constantly wet or do they endure dry seasons too? If they do have you imitated the dry seasons when raising these beauties?
From what I can tell yes. The basin will flood and recede 40-60 feet in water levels. Definitely a dry and wet season occurs in those parts of the world. Tribunes and rivers flood creating a basin (the Amazon basin) the flora material during the dry season if imagine is heavily consumed by the tortoises as the forest is more solid ground during these times. I recall seeing a video of a very large yellow foot swimming across a river in Brazil/east Peru basin area. They're very good swimmers and favor water too. But yes to answet your question. I offered numerous food items including lots of protein and animal parts, along with a very wet summer and more dry winter.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
From what I can tell yes. The basin will flood and recede 40-60 feet in water levels. Definitely a dry and wet season occurs in those parts of the world. Tribunes and rivers flood creating a basin (the Amazon basin) the flora material during the dry season if imagine is heavily consumed by the tortoises as the forest is more solid ground during these times. I recall seeing a video of a very large yellow foot swimming across a river in Brazil/east Peru basin area. They're very good swimmers and favor water too. But yes to answet your question. I offered numerous food items including lots of protein and animal parts, along with a very wet summer and more dry winter.
Do you believe this is why you got them so smooth?. I'm guessing naturally with dry and wet seasons also comes a different natural food source.

voodoochild

10 Year Member!
Tampa FL
Just wanted to let you guys know that their enclosure is only for quarantine. I plan on giving them the rest of the yard along with my 3 RFs.