Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have 2.1.3 Yellowfoot tortoises. I started out with 2 females that someone in our turtle club gave me because she had too many turtles. Then I took in a male and female from a confiscation through the TSA. I guess the TSA tortoises were ill, because I lost both of them after about a year. Then I traded someone some Gulf coast box turtles for a young male YF. But in the meantime, one of the females laid eggs and three hatched. Then I lost another female. Last year I took in several RF babies and a YF juvenile. I adopted out the RF's and kept the YF. He turned out to be male. He's a beautiful animal, much prettier than my existing male. Terry (nerd) says I've been feeding my young ones too much and it shows in the way the carapace grows. So here's the female hiding on her pig blanket (its a cold, gray day here):

YFfemale.jpg

I have an old window screen over the top of the pig blankets with a towell on it that I soak with water to provide a humid environment. The cat thinks this is a great place to sleep:

YFinshed.jpg

This is the older (and yet still pretty young) male:

YFmale.jpg

And this is the younger male. I have to keep them separate because the older male is pretty rough and aggressive towards him:

YFyoungmale.jpg

Here are the babies:

YF3yrolds.jpg

Yvonne

I should mention that these pictures show the YFs in their winter quarters. During the nice weather ALL of my tortoises are outside. The shed is where they spend the night and the cold weather, but they have outside access when weather permits. The babies are in a half barrel for the winter, but their outdoor habitat is much bigger. Next winter I'll have to provide a bigger winter habitat. Looks like this one is much too small.

Yvonne

REDFOOTMATT

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Nice, put me on the "baby list" once they start hatching again! Good Luck! :D

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
yellow foots are awesome! they are underrated as pets , my yellow foot is more out going to most of the redfoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.