New? (what kind should I get)

barroncourtney45

5 Year Member
So i may be getting a new turtle/tortoise soon. I would love another turtle but i would absolutly love even more to get a tortoise. The problem is which one? I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations to them. Such as what kind of turtle is recomended and what kind of tortoise should i maybe look into. I kinda want sort of a beginner tortoise i guess? Not to expensive and can be housed indoors for a good amount of time until i can make a outdoor enclosure. The turtle i have had experience with are box, red ear slider and painted. Thanks so much. Bye.

GabbyT

You should get a Hermann's tortoise or a Russian they stay smaller under around 9 inches and they have great personalities really great beginner tortoises easy to maintain and great tortoises overall![TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE]

Darwin_T

5 Year Member
I have a Greek. They can be kept inside for a while and he isn't tooo expensive. I think he's lots if fun. I'm sure there are other threads that have info on Greeks or have recommendations of torts.

I hope you find what your looking for and sorry if I wasn't much help. I would read around the forum and the internet And see which seems best for you

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All the ones mentioned, Russian, Greek and Hermanns are all good starter tortoises.