New Tortoise owners from just outside detroit,mi

countrytortoise

Hi all,
Our family just adopted a 3-4 year old russian tortoise. He/she came with a cement mixing tub and we feel it is far to small for him/her. Going to build a table this weekend out of an old train table...any thoughts, comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

FeebeeDeebee

Location (City and/or State)
Haworth, West Yorkshire
I'm new too and just got my first baby Horsfield so thought I'd say welcome...thinks there's of differing opinions on habitats but seems the general consensus is the bigger the better. I've started small (will last a year) but it depends on the space you have available...whatever you build will certainly be an improvement on the cement tub xx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Take a look at the 'sticky's' at the top of the Enclosure section. There are some pretty good ideas in there.

(Christina: Your enclosure is beautiful!)

747117wei24kafiu.gif

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Take a look at the 'sticky's' at the top of the Enclosure section. There are some pretty good ideas in there.

(Christina: Your enclosure is beautiful!)

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Thank you! I just bought a Christmas tree storage container. Getting ready to upgrade! Jeesh these guys grow fast!! :D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . ( aSaginaw , Mi . Transplant ) you've got some good advice . But be careful torts are highly addictive you get and you wake up one morning wanting 10 more . Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum