New tortoise owner

Sara Evans

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hi I know I've asked many questions already. I have ruled out bladder stones because I was nervous about it because he was not eating or moving for a while he has been pooping and urinating and just started an appetite again his temperature in the room is above 90 I don't know if this is too hot for him but now I noticed he is having watery eyes what should I do this just started happening. what could be making his eyes water I haven't noticed any abnormal breathing and now he's moving around a lot just wondering how serious the watery eyes are will he need antibiotics or what can I give him to boost his immune system for anything he's getting good food in good types of veggies and squash and pumpkin and mazuri pellets. but what else can I give him.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What is the temp is the room at tortoise level?
My heated shed can be 90 but without the ceiling fan running, the tort level temp is much lower, 70's.
Does he also have a basking spot to warm up under that the temp is 95-100?

MrMarg&me

Temecula California
From what I have learned on this forum watery eyes can happen when the tortoise is kept too dry. Are you providing proper soaking and humidity for your particular species? You can find out by reading the correct care sheet on this forum.
Also welcome! I have learned valuable info here.

Sara Evans

Wisconsin
What is the temp is the room at tortoise level?
My heated shed can be 90 but without the ceiling fan running, the tort level temp is much lower, 70's.
Does he also have a basking spot to warm up under that the temp is 95-100?

Yes on basking light temp

Sara Evans

Wisconsin
From what I have learned on this forum watery eyes can happen when the tortoise is kept too dry. Are you providing proper soaking and humidity for your particular species? You can find out by reading the correct care sheet on this forum.
Also welcome! I have learned valuable info here.
Yes he has water to drink and soak three times a week. He's a 200lbs sulcata tortoise

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Ok so I shouldn't worry to much ?????
There's a lot of people on here with a lot more knowledge than me. I can't tell you that without a shadow of a doubt, and I'm sure some with a lot more experience and knowledge will chime in. I know when I first saw mine with watery eyes, I panicked. I Googled it, and read a lot of old post on the subject. From what I read it can be there getting too hot, something in the substrate can be irritating their eyes, or even being to dry. Those are just some ideas.