New to Tort-Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hello All,
I'm new to this whole shin-dig, and was referred here for sound advice and information by a veteran keeper.

I don't yet have a tortoise, but I'll be obtaining a cherry head redfoot shortly. Tables been constructed (55 x 30), perhaps I'll post some pictures when it's all set up and ready to house my tort.

Originally from Maine, I'm now living in Syracuse NY attending graduate school (State University of New York, Environmental Science and Forestry) in Wildlife Ecology. I went to UMaine Orono for my undergrad, within the same discipline. I guess I've been looking for a pet to interact with when I'm home and away from academia, and a tortoise seemed the perfect fit!

Loads of good information that I've seen so far! I welcome advice and guidance from anyone, especially if you're a veteran redfoot keeper.

Thanks!
-Chris

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Welcome to the forum. Not a veteran, but I do own 3 Brazillian Redfoots. You will find lots of help and assistance in this forum. No question is a stupid one and we are all here to help each other. Some just have a little more time with and knowledge about these amazing creatures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Chris:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!! We're glad to have you here.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Welcome Chris! Maine is such a beautiful state, kinda wish I could say I was from there. :D Just wish I could have saw one of the moose up there. :cool: Always great to hear folks researching first. You will love your tortoise, when it arrives. Just be warned, they are like Lay's potato chips, you can't have just one! :tort: I look forward to seeing your new one and how you end up deciding to house him/her. Once more, glad your here! :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.