New to these forums

Devilishshy

Location (City and/or State)
Norwalk, California
Hi guys last year I was given a sulcata tortoise for my bday from my parents and I've been reading these forums for advice. I've finally decided to join these forums. Here's a pic of my tortoise

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! What a great gift. How much does he weigh (hard to really tell size well with pictures). What is he eating? My slow laptop normally loads pictures from top to bottom, with yours it did bottom to top, so I got to see those great feet first. :D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome this is a awesome place to learn .

Devilishshy

Norwalk, California
Thanks guys I'm excited that I finally joined he's about 15 lbs. But I've been reading that his shell isn't suppose to be that way... That it's due to bad nutrition. Right now he's eating my backyards grass and I give him flowers here and there and fruit once a month.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You could cut the fruit. The pyramiding is there, and won't go away, we'll move past that. What's done is done. Where are you at?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . May I ask are " these forums " I'm lost what does that mean ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Vanesa:

Welcome to the Forum...or, "these forums" as the case may be!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Pyramiding is caused by growth in conditions that are too dry. Its most critical in babies. If all else is good, its really only cosmetic. Give your tortoise the best care you can and from this point forward he should be fine.

Devilishshy

Norwalk, California
Oh ok good. It was a gift and when I got him his shell was already like that. I'm doing my best to attend to his needs but I still have a lot of learning to do on how to take good care of him.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Don't worry about it. You will learn here, your tortoise will thrive with you, and you'll be a veteran member of the forum answering newby questions yourself.

Devilishshy

Norwalk, California
I'm looking forward to that :). So far I've gained a lot of knowledge through these forums. I'm a student in the vet field and looking into specializing in exotics. Later I can spread mi knowledge to these forums [WHITE SMILING FACE]️

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My wife is a CVT and one of the doctors at her clinic now has tortoises. I can't say I'm not to blame. I'm working her up to being reptile savvy.
Fine, I'll admit it; since meeting me,
Her son has a corn snake, her daughter has a Russian tortoise, and she herself has 2 sulcata. There. I said it. Lol.