New Setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

torti

5 Year Member
Yay, its 11pm and I finally finished setting up his new home. Compared to his old rubber maid tub, he seems much happier ^_^ so is my son!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, don't just crow about it...give us a peak! We want to see too.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Pics.... Pics.... Pics.... I want to see pics of the new enclosure... :p:D

torti

5 Year Member
=( I posted this with my phone. It doesn't work for some reason.

Every time I try to upload it, it says upload failed try a valid file =/

20111130_230623.jpg

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
I see the pic just fine. Setup looks good to me, but I'm no expert. I'll leave expert advice to the Experts. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Torti:

Did you ever tell us your name and where you are?

A couple of things...

First of all: What a cute little munchkin!!! He's adorable!!!

I don't like that waterer. The baby has to do too much climbing to get into and out of it. You run the risk of him tipping over backwards and landing on his back. Not a good thing. Most of us use plant saucers, either the plastic ones or terra cotta ones (not the clear plastic because the sides are too steep). Then for the little babies, you put a layer of pebbles in the bottom to make it more shallow for him.

Next, while the screen on top makes it quite easy to have your light shining straight down, it also is blocking out most of the UV rays. The rays can't get through the tiny mesh of the screen.

But, overall, good job. I'm sure your tort is enjoying the bigger, roomier habitat!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Great setup.....
I agree about the dish....To help i would bury it more down in the substrate..... :)
Also on the app i can not upload pictures eaither.... UGH! maybe we should report to josh?
I use a reptile waterbowl that is low easy to access etc and heavy this is SIMILAIR to what i use....my sides are lower...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002AR4BQ/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I too don't like those walk up water dishes for small tortoises, I worry they will flip over while getting into them...

Other than that I like it...

torti

5 Year Member
I agree with you guys. I've found him flipped over a couple times.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
nice looking tank. I agree with what's been said about the water bowl, plus the risk of your little one climbing up on the house and jumping into the pool, could be dangerous. It looks like you have a lot of substrate in there, so you can try burying it to the point that just a little of the edge of the bowl is above the substrate. Also, you can put pebbles or stones (large enough that they can't be swallowed) in the bottom of the bowl to make it shallower. Either that, or a plant pot saucer works well (still semi buried for a small tort)

torti

5 Year Member
Nice I'm going to bury the water bowl now. Don't feel like tossing it out cause it wasn't cheap xD

Status
Not open for further replies.