Filter Recommendations

Harpy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, Oregon
I want to replace or add a new filter to my diamondback terrapin tub. I currently have her in a 30 gal rubber maid tub...(will upgrade as soon as I possibly can) I am using the Fluval U3. I do weekly water changes but still not clean enough. I know it is because of the small water area.

Any thoughts on the ZooMed 511? Or other good filter? I have thought of adding 2nd to work with my Fluval...

:(I know my setup is not good, I do hope to give her better by time she is an adult. please don't scream too loud. I had to move into apt that has tank/water limits. I've thought of finding better home but haven't had knowledgeable responses...:(

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The best thing you can do, in my opinion, is to use a filter system that moves the total volume of water x 4 per hour....so if you are running 30 gallons of water then a filter that move 120 gallons of water per hour is minimal....turtles can be dirty little buggers :D

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Yes, use filtration rated for much higher than your current water volume.
I use the Fluval fX5 (rated for 400gallons) on my 125 gallon water turtle tank. I house a Southern painted and 2 small sliders in there. My water is always crystal clear. The filter can make a big difference.